What's new

%&@$ what have I broken....

Chriseybaby

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 i-Vtec Ex
Decided to clean the MAF, so took the filter out to give it a spray. All was fine, left it 6 hours to dry.

Everything back in, then I noticed that I had snapped a plastic plastic cylinder off something (see pic)

I have araldited it back on, so it wont be fully dry until tomorrow, but what is it? Looks like something to do with the egr to me but no idea what.

Any info would be appreciated

Decided to clean the MAF, so took the filter out to give it a spray. All was fine, left it 6 hours to dry.

Everything back in, then I noticed that I had snapped a plastic plastic cylinder off something (see pic)

I have araldited it back on, so it wont be fully dry until tomorrow, but what is it? Looks like something to do with the egr to me but no idea what.

Any info would be appreciated

It's the EVR valve filter there are two another one further back.

Part no. 9 on lings Lings

The main thing is that the tube to the filter is not clogged with glue.

I believe It controls the vacuum on the EGR raising and lowering the valve.

Hmmm should be interesting to see if the araldite holds.

Is this something thats ok to buy from a breakers?

Hmmm should be interesting to see if the araldite holds.

Is this something thats ok to buy from a breakers?

It's worth a shot, but you need to make sure it us the correct model number you'll see a label on it Denso ## ### ##

I suspect the filter is to release vacuum and is more to protect the valve from contaminants. The valve should still work.

See how it is in the morning.

Well it seems that it got a bit too warm for the glue, but the car still went ok.

I'll see what a breakers quotes for one, don't fancy paying £150+ for one.

Thanks for your help

£50 delivered from a breaker, or do I just bung up the hole....Am I right in thinking the pre face lifts didn't have this filter?

£50 delivered from a breaker, or do I just bung up the hole....Am I right in thinking the pre face lifts didn't have this filter?

£50 doesn't seem too bad, although could do with finding out what mileage the donor has done.

One thing I didn't ask, has the actual post that the filter sits on snapped or is it the filter housing is broken. I thought the post was metal but could be wrong.

If the post is not snapped then I suspect you could just purchase the filter although I think the only way you can do this is to buy the filter for the IMRC solenoid. Although this would cost around £30.

If the post is snapped, best to replace with the part from the scrappers, whilst it will probably work for some time, the filter is there to prevent debris from entering the valve, I suppose you could get some filter paper and cover the hole, but how long this would last is anyone's guess.

Maybe use a bit of coloured electrical tape to signify which vac line goes where also, I know there is only two but you always have a 50/50 chance of putting them back the wrong way.

I can't see how the filter can be replaced, but the post that held it on was made from plastic approx 4mm in diameter so not a lot of strength when it also has a hole in the middle.

I will go for the one from the breakers and good point on the vac hoses if its 50 50 Im guaranteed to get it wrong

I can't see how the filter can be replaced, but the post that held it on was made from plastic approx 4mm in diameter so not a lot of strength when it also has a hole in the middle.

I will go for the one from the breakers and good point on the vac hoses if its 50 50 Im guaranteed to get it wrong

The filter pulls off the post, but it is quite tight and now you mention the post is plastic not worth the risk.

In all honesty it is a part worth having as a spare, as the same valve is used for the turbo and the EGR, so can come in useful for trouble shooting etc.

Well apparently the part is from a car with 30k on it, its from an ebay breakers so I think I will take that with a pinch of salt.

Managed to get him down to £40 delivered so Im happy enough

Good luck on this Chris. Please keep us posted.
I hope you get this sorted