What's new

what type of fluid and how much

moonbase

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 accord 2.4
hi i own a 2005 2.4 ex automatic and would like to do a gearbox transmisson oil change. What type do i use and do i have to get it from honda main dealer. also i would be greatful if someone can tell me how much i will need. thanks Tezza

Should have all the specs and quantities in the owners handbook.

Failing that, the Comma oils website is usually pretty good. What i use as I don't have a handbook with my accord.

tezza said:
hi i own a 2005 2.4 ex automatic and would like to do a gearbox transmisson oil change. What type do i use and do i have to get it from honda main dealer. also i would be greatful if someone can tell me how much i will need. thanks Tezza
According to the ESM

ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid) - Honda ATF-Z1

Fluid change - 2.8 L (3.0 US qt, 2.5 Imp qt)

Overhaul - 6.5 L (6.9 US qt, 5.7 Imp qt)

Done mine a few times. Use the Honda fluid only. Get it from dealer. It's not that expensive tbh. Get the filter too, it fits on top of the box viewed from the engine bay part number: 25430-PLR-003 about £34, fiddly job to change the filter. Worth doing if its never been changed. I changed my oil using a fluid extractor the second time round due to a bad back, much easier and did the job as well in less time.