What's new

Whats it worth?

St3ve

Members
Reaction score
Car
Audi A5 Sportback
Hi All,

Wanted to get a quick opinion of what a realistic price is for my Accord Type-S? Glass's guide (Link from the Civinfo) doesnt have any valuations...

It's a 2009 Type-S in Basque Red with 33k on the clock.

Thx!

As a guess Steve i would say around 18 to 19k

I have always thought that the best indication of a cars price is to look at the Autotrader website and take an average of the prices of them (obviously same spec' and mileage).

About £6k. I'm feeling generous though so will give you £7k :) :) :)

£7k & a packet of peanuts :) lol...

Just gives me a rough idea - like the car and would consider the revised 8th gen, but need to make the figures work.

Thx all!

Excellent. less than 10 mins and the offers have gone from £6k, £7k and now £8k. I reckon if I leave it another hour, we will be in the money ;)

Excellent. less than 10 mins and the offers have gone from £6k, £7k and now £8k. I reckon if I leave it another hour, we will be in the money ;)
So Steve are you thinking of selling if so what are your plans for a new car.

I tend to get bored with cars reasonably quickly so chop and change every couple of years; usually before the car is 3 yrs old. The Accord inst doing the miles it was intended for now (Clocked 25k in just over a yr), but it is the family car and it's great in all but two areas - Economy and road noise.

I'm tempted by an Audi A5 Sportback but just cant beat the value for money when compared to Audi/BMW/etc.

Got a couple of things on the go, so it may well be sticking around for a few more months. :D

Audi A5 is a nice car Steve.The 3L diesel 240 BHP is a beast and comfort to match as well.The only downside is its price tag.

Steve,

I am hopefully going to be changing my 7th Gen Sport GT in the near future and have been looking at a new Type S, could you please elaborate on your comment about economy and road noise. Is the road noise due entirely to the bigger wheels and tyres? Any other comments would be welcome.

I usually do between 25,000 to 28,000 miles a year.

Cheers

John

Steve,

I am hopefully going to be changing my 7th Gen Sport GT in the near future and have been looking at a new Type S, could you please elaborate on your comment about economy and road noise. Is the road noise due entirely to the bigger wheels and tyres? Any other comments would be welcome.

I usually do between 25,000 to 28,000 miles a year.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

Overall I'm very happy with the car; the value for money is excellent and it let down by two areas IMO.

I seem to average 42-43mpg regardless of how I drive or what fuel I use (Supermarket vs Shell, etc); I suspect it's more down to how I drive rather than anything else. Given this is about 10-15% less than the manufacturer average of 48.7; I would say this is fairly reasonable given the size/power of the car.

As for the road noise; I cant comment on it being down to the wheels/tyre's as I've only driven an 8th Gen Type-S; it isn't bad but when you compare to an Audi or BMW; you do notice a difference - Perhaps its improved on the new version due summer time ish.

Are these two enough to put me off another one? Nope.

Hope this helps!

Audi A5 is a nice car Steve.The 3L diesel 240 BHP is a beast and comfort to match as well.The only downside is its price tag.

AudiA5SepangBlue-Front.jpg

:wub:

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the swift reply, I have averaged 48.1 MPG over 91,000 miles of spirited driving which I am pleased with considering the size of the car. I think I would be happy with about 43MPG from a Type S which is a larger and more powerful car than mine.

My brother in law has a new 2.0l Audi A4 which is a very nice car but I wouldn't swop him, the Honda is much better value.

A friend has an Audi A6 Le Mans limited edition which has the 2.7l diesel engine and he loves it. He reckons the extra cost and fuel consumption of the Audi 3.0l isn't worth it for very little performance increase. Also I think all the 3.0l Audis are 4 wheel drive therefore heavier.

I like the look of the Type S because they are quite rare and therefore a bit special.

Cheers

John

Hi Steve,
Thanks for the swift reply, I have averaged 48.1 MPG over 91,000 miles of spirited driving which I am pleased with considering the size of the car. I think I would be happy with about 43MPG from a Type S which is a larger and more powerful car than mine.

My brother in law has a new 2.0l Audi A4 which is a very nice car but I wouldn't swop him, the Honda is much better value.

A friend has an Audi A6 Le Mans limited edition which has the 2.7l diesel engine and he loves it. He reckons the extra cost and fuel consumption of the Audi 3.0l isn't worth it for very little performance increase. Also I think all the 3.0l Audis are 4 wheel drive therefore heavier.

I like the look of the Type S because they are quite rare and therefore a bit special.

Cheers

John

Have to agree with you about the cost of the A4; it is a very nice car, but it's just undercut price wise by the Accord. Plus there are not that many Type-S's around; I've only seen 2 in the time I've had mine...I do love it as it's different and not a rep mobile, but there is something about the look of the A5 above which just sets it off for me.

Could be tempted by the A6 too - looks like the wife wants to move house now, so a new car is on hold for now...Who knows; some ex-demo 2nd gen 8th gen type-s's maybe around by then :D

Steve,

I agree the A5 is a stunning car if you can live with 2 very large doors!

If you are looking at A5 or A6 class of car why not a Jag XK, they are superb.

John

Steve,

I agree the A5 is a stunning car if you can live with 2 very large doors!

If you are looking at A5 or A6 class of car why not a Jag XK, they are superb.

John

Large doors on the Coupe; but looking at the pic above; the doors dont look that big :huh:

I do like the idea of a Jag; but the wife thinks it's an old mans car; Think I'm a little too young to consider one just yet (31 next month...)

Steve,

My apologies, I didn't notice the photo was an A5 Sportback with 5 doors, very nice car and far more practical than the coupe.

It is unfortunate that Jaguar still have this old man's car image when the new cars are so good, a friend has an XF type S 3.0litre diesel with twin turbos and it is simply sensational.

Oh to be 31 again.

Cheers

John

No worries...Will take a look at the jag when the time comes as it could be a very nice car!

I have to 59 plate types in white and trade in price as of yesterday was 15k that at 36k on the clock trade in price was offered by arnold clark and pendragon group. hope this helps.
Tony

I have to 59 plate types in white and trade in price as of yesterday was 15k that at 36k on the clock trade in price was offered by arnold clark and pendragon group. hope this helps.
Tony

Thanks Tony. Very Helpful!