What's new

Where to sell my car

Original Nutta

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2.4
Any ideas? It's a Honda Accord 2.4 executive automatic Tourer. I spent £500 on it recently all new tyres new battery full service. And now the power steering fluid is leaking. I'm decided to get my self a new car.

I was thinking to sell this in parts

Sorry to hear youve reached the end with your honda! Can you give more details about car? I could be tempted to part with my 2.0 if the right 2.4 came along.

I have the exact same model as you and I spent well over £1,000 on it 4 years a go, but have only covered 3k miles since then!

Apart from an oil change and a new battery 3 weeks a go I've not spent anything else on it since. I was going to sell it but looking at eBay prices I don't think I would even get £1,000 for it. I thought about breaking it but parts don't seem worth much so I'm going to keep it until it dies!

I have the exact same model as you and I spent well over £1,000 on it 4 years a go, but have only covered 3k miles since then!

Apart from an oil change and a new battery 3 weeks a go I've not spent anything else on it since. I was going to sell it but looking at eBay prices I don't think I would even get £1,000 for it. I thought about breaking it but parts don't seem worth much so I'm going to keep it until it dies!
Yeah plenty on there £500-1k although decent 2.4 ones hard to find.I would be loathed to part with my accord...id probably keep it anyway.The k20 is a lovely smooth engine but i know one day ill regret never having had the 2.4! Im always looking anyway :)

Well mine passed the MOT on Saturday with no advisories. There's some rust on one rear arch lip and a scuff on the front bumper but it's still a good solid motor. It's close to 129k miles now.

The mpg and tax is probably what puts most people off them, which is what's driven down the prices. I did have someone walk up the drive a few weeks a go asking if it was for sale though.

Yup mines just flown through its test with no advisories and thats after a 15 month gap due to covid.Good strong solid motors and a lot of car for the money.They are seen as "expensive" to run but id disagree.£29 pm tax and driven right my lump will do 35mpg so hardly gona break the bank running one.
The 2.4 figures a little less attactive i know but not sure people buy those for "economy" lol