What's new

Which Generation

jakey.goodman

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Sport GT
Bit of a random one, but we have one of these sitting on out driveway. Can anyone tell me which generation it is? I think its 2nd

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

As it isn't really worth a lot, is it easy to supercharge and have as a trackday car? I got the impression the yanks do this a lot?

Shame really, as it's quite a nice little motor. Just not worth much!

Jake

4th ain't it?

4th gen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks in good nick

Is it yours?

The market value to the normal punter is about £500-£1000

There are a sleeper, meaning they look basic, but have massive tuning potential.

I for one, currently have 2, check my Sig links below.

Also have a read of this for some tech details about it.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/892-4th-gen-vital-info/

4th gen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks in good nick

Is it yours?

The market value to the normal punter is about £500-£1000

There are a sleeper, meaning they look basic, but have massive tuning potential.

I for one, currently have 2, check my Sig links below.

Also have a read of this for some tech details about it.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/892-4th-gen-vital-info/

THANKS VERY MUCH. Though it would be scrap value. Yes is ours, has been owned by my Gran for years (automatic, comfortable and just won't die!). She gave it to us as got a Corsa on disability scheme.

Will have a read through the links, may well shove on ebay. TBH, I'm amazed how well it goes, not bad for such an old automatic.

if you have the space for it keep it

with some light TLC in a few years dont be suprised to see the value creep back up again, they are becoming a classic.

If it were manual.....you would of had an offer from me.

if you have the space for it keep it

with some light TLC in a few years dont be suprised to see the value creep back up again, they are becoming a classic.

If it were manual.....you would of had an offer from me.

Cheers for the advice fella, undecided what to do with it at the mo. May shove on ebay with low reserve and if it doesn't sell tune it. On the other hand, not really sure it's worth tuning an auto!!!

TBH, I guessed that being an auto it would be worth less.

Thanks again,
J

As you say being an auto means its not got much scope for track antics.

And yes it might struggle with interest on ebay because of auto.

Put the reverse somewhere near £300-500? i dunno you call.

If you do decide to scrap it, let me know before hand i might throw some currency you way to nick a few parts if needed before you dump it.

As you say being an auto means its not got much scope for track antics.

And yes it might struggle with interest on ebay because of auto.

Put the reverse somewhere near £300-500? i dunno you call.

If you do decide to scrap it, let me know before hand i might throw some currency you way to nick a few parts if needed before you dump it.

Thanks for that, If I do end up scrapping I will be more then happy to help you out. Would be a shame though, as it has been such a great car.

Hand on heart all it has needed since we have owned it (17 years or so) is the usual battery, tyres etc and a radiator. Doesn't get better then that!

Jakey

Thanks for that, If I do end up scrapping I will be more then happy to help you out. Would be a shame though, as it has been such a great car.

Hand on heart all it has needed since we have owned it (17 years or so) is the usual battery, tyres etc and a radiator. Doesn't get better then that!

Jakey

i know they are bullet proof, thats why ive had less things wrong on my car, than most of the people on the this forum, most of which have cars a good 10years younger!

Let me know how things go.

Show off ;).

whats the litre on this great car,im looking for a good car for my dad(WILL HAVE TO BE HONDA OF COURSE..LOL) and this could prove to be good.