What's new

windscreen jet issue

marslee

Members
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord 2.4 Auto
HI all, new here so appologies if this has been asked before abot this issue on the 2.4 Exec. My washer bottle ran out a coupe of days ago, so i filled it and all i am getting is a little bit of foam/bubbles coming from the jets. I disconected the hose on the passenger side to see if there was any fluid coming up and that looks ok. The motor is running when i pull the lever, and when i release the washer lever i get a little spurt of fluid over the windscreen. I have also stuck a pin into the jets to ensure that they are not clogged.Has anyone any idea's as to what the issue is, as this was an advisory on my MOT last september, but since then they have been fine.
I have seen how much agrovation it looks to et the bootle out, so any help would greatfully be appreciated.

Cheers

Lee

hello and welcome. This sounds like the jets are blocked. Do a search mate as this topic has been discussed before and there are some good solutions

Hi

I had an issue with my jets, on the 6th Gen. There was nothing blocked as such but traced it down to a little ball-check valve in the hose. Replaced it for around a fiver from Honda and jets were back to full pressure on windscreen.

The little spring inside seemed to have chucked it :eek:

OneWayValve.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

Lift up the plastic covers down the side of the wing inside the engine bay to expose the tubing. This has a habit of kinking at in the corner and reducing flow, simple solution is to cut off the kinked bit and use a rigid joining pipe to ensure it does not happen again.

Best solution for cleaning our washer jets is white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda, leave to soak and a quick blow out with compressed air and they are sorted.

also guys it pays not to let your water run out because if there is sluge in the bottom of the filler bottle this might get sucked through.

I had a probs with my jets and try everything to clean them but was still unlucky.Then both new from Honda for 21 £..
Upgraded wipers to facelift ones and now I am happy man.

Hi Gents,

Thanks for all of the advice. I manged to remove both of the actual jets themselves and started to dig around them with a pin. I found that from the hose connection end , there was a build up of black silt that i manged to pull out. I decided to blow them through with the jet washer both ways and they have started to work again. I will keep an eye on then to see if this reoccurs!

Lee