What's new

Windscreen Trim

chuggnut

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 EX GT
Hi,

The windscreen trim from my 8th gen 2008 accord has come off whilst driving so I mentioned it to Boston Honda whilst it was in for a B2 service.

I purchased Honda extended warranty with the car and I've read on these forums that there is a bulletin issued for the retainer clips. However Boston Honda are saying even though a bulletin has been issued that this is not automatically covered and they want £250 ish to replace.

Does anyone know if this should be covered or not?

Cheers,

Jeremy

Hi,

The windscreen trim from my 8th gen 2008 accord has come off whilst driving so I mentioned it to Boston Honda whilst it was in for a B2 service.

I purchased Honda extended warranty with the car and I've read on these forums that there is a bulletin issued for the retainer clips. However Boston Honda are saying even though a bulletin has been issued that this is not automatically covered and they want £250 ish to replace.

Does anyone know if this should be covered or not?

Cheers,

Jeremy

I'd go back to the dealer you bought the car off and ask nothing less than it be replaced. If they dont comply, escalate it to Honda UK.

:rolleyes: I take it you are talking about the coloured side strips? I had mine replaced when I purchased the car and again by HUK after a windscreen replacement due to a screen problem. I agree, if the dealer wont fit then go direct to HUK.
all the best Mike C

As I recall there is a problem with these strips.
Apparently if you need to replace the wind screen these strips are often broken.
At the min the cost will go to the customer but only time will tell as this might become a TSB IMO

If you're careful, you can pull the strips out of the clips and then glue the clips back with a decent super glue. Press the strips back into the clips - don't glue them!!!

I did mine and so far so good ...

But I agree - the Dealer should do something for you under warranty - I never thought to ask - but I will if the glue gives up ...

Cheers,

Graham