What's new

Would This Be Covered Under Warranty?

A

A-EX

Not sure if any of the other 8th Gen guys/gals have had this issue.

Basically, the plastic colouring on the climate control buttons (well 2 buttons) is fading?

The other buttons are fine. Its just the "OFF" and "AUTO" buttons that are starting to look very old and I barely use the Auto button anyway. Could these, or rather, should these be replaced under warranty as I'm starting to hate the look of them now.

Not gonna get a chance to get to the dealer for another week or so due to work commitments but just thought I'd ask here first for any advice.

Appreciate it in advance :)

If your not happy with this i would say its worth a go.Your car is still in warranty so Honda should be very helpful in these matters imo.

Definitely think I will pay them a visit.

The degradation of the colour is quite bad. I wouldnt mind if I have been sat there repeatedly pressing them, but I havent. Ah well. Lets see what happens!

I would say Yes. I know my mates Audi cab had a similar issue but around the passengers electric window switch. There was a load of material wearing away and Audi replaced the whole piece.

I would just argue your case with them and see what they say

It will be covered, just show service manager and politely ask if they think thats reasonable wear. On a side note its worth revisitng your internal detailing and use a decent protection that has UV inhibitors,

Appreciate the feedback all :)

I'll update the thread once I have been to the dealer and show them. I'll try and upload a pic as well tomorrow.

Just an update - getting the buttons replaced next week.

Also getting the entire sunroof replaced at the same time. A rust bubble appeared a couple of weeks ago on the inside of the window pane/frame. Mystified as to how the rust even got there - in the 7 months I have owned the car, I have only opened the sunroof twice.

Ah well, its getting replaced under warranty so its not a problemo now. B)

Good result SAJ as CJ said can you get a photo up and ill check mine is ok.
I think this must be a one off though imo.

Wow I am really surprised that rust developing there.. but its getting done under warranty which is a good thing.

Saj can you attach a picture of this affected area just as a reference for others so they can check their own sunroofs, and for me to shake my head in disbelief :lol:.

Yep, will get one up shortly for you to peruse. :)

Here you go fella's.

Not the best pic, but you can see the rust bubbled up quite bad. Its about the size of a 10p piece and extends well into the rubber surround. And before you ask, nope, never left it slightly open - the whole upper bay/skin is totally dry and the seal is perfect and no water marks in the cabin lining either. Mystified as to how its developed and just hope the replacement resolves the issue.

IMG-20110718-00331.jpg

Saj can you take a wider angle shot just to get proportions to where this damage is i cant see any background reference points to see is the back or the front.

sorry to be a pain ..

No worries. Sorry about the image quality, only have my Blackberry at present - digital camera is in Perth! I've marked out the area and you can cross-reference the detail with the first image.

IMG-20110718-00332.jpg

It is literally in the centre of frame. Hope this gives some better clarity/perspective :)

very strange that! i should imagine this a complete one off or at leist very few would be affected. ile keep an eye out, as ime sure CJ will do likewise.

very strange that! i should imagine this a complete one off or at leist very few would be affected. ile keep an eye out, as ime sure CJ will do likewise.

Yes I agree - its probably just an abberation or could even be a supplier induced quality control fault thats progressively just gotten worse. Rest of the sunroof is perfect - but thankfuly a new sunroof will be fitted next Monday and will be keeping a close eye on it to make sure it flare up again.

Saj thanks for the second picture buddy it makes it easier to locate the damage.

all I can say it looks like that is a vendor problem i.e contamination of the metal prior to power coating.. but very strange indeed.

No worries CJ.

I agree, it looks like a supplier issue thats the cause here - as said earlier, in the seven odd months of having the car, I've only opened the sunroof twice (not that we see enough hot sun to justify opening it in the first place :lol: ) but even so - I hope no other 8th Gen owner(s) encounter the same but definitely have a look at the affected area to be on the safe side. :)

you will find honda is very good with these sort of things!

Oh very definitely yes - and that too is part of the reason why I opted for this car ahead of the other so called "premium" Deutsche-mobiles that are stupidly overpriced and horrifically underequipped and are nowhere near as bombproof as this Accord :D

oh yes!! that is for guaranteed

they will be a root cause ****ysis of this at warranty end and the vendor will be involved to find a solution if this surfaces on other cars. and will keep any eye out ;)

When I showed it to the service manager, he was dumbstruck - he took about 20 different pictures of the affected area, the whole sunroof, the car - everything. Sat me down with him as he sent off all the details to Honda HQ and told me its a clear cut replacement - he said no way would Honda even dream to repair it - he added that if there was any evidence of the upper cabin lining letting in air and/or moisture, he said he'd ensure it was all done under warranty without a second thought.

Excellent customer service!

Saj, can you tell us the dealer so we can give them the acclaim they seemingly deserve!? Great to see you being treated well!