What's new

xcarlink install, with bluetooth

acemace021

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer 2.2
So the Xcarlink arrived today, so I spent an hour or so installing, i used the civi info guide My link.

Its a good guide the only thing I noticed was that it tells you to undo two screws at the bottom of ashtray near gear stick, you don't need to its only held in by the clips.

i fed my cables from glove box, one goes to back of stereo, and the other for the iPod. and the Bluetooth cable I have ran under the centre console trim to the driver door, on the dash I have temporarily stuck the Bluetooth module with tape, I have some special sided stuff, which I need to find to make it more permanent.

I have then ran the cable to the microphone up the pillar between windscreen and door, under the rubber seal, then I have clipped microphone to my sun visor.

I'm also going to conceal the xcarlink unit, behind my glove box once I find my tape. Here's a couple of photos.

IMG_06581.jpg

IMG_06591.jpg

IMG_06601.jpg

IMG_06611.jpg

I also have the up to date discount code if anyone would like it pm me. :)

Hi Paul, I'm looking into something I can connect the iPod too seems like this is the answer? How is the audio quality? Does the blue tooth connection play out through the car speakers or is it a separate system?

Great Write up Paul, like the hands free mic location I may have to adjust mine as ts currently in the seam of the dash and i don't thinks its ideally placed.

Hi Paul, I'm looking into something I can connect the iPod too seems like this is the answer? How is the audio quality? Does the blue tooth connection play out through the car speakers or is it a separate system?

Dave The Blue tooth plays through the car speakers, I use it for my iPhone so I can play music and answer phone calls, it also connects to my Tom Tom. its a good system.

As with all Bluetooth systems the volume is slightly lower than a direct connection to the device, but the quality is good enough for my uses and you can always turn the volume up.

Ok cool, so from what I have read on the net the blue tooth connects into the xcarlink and that connects to the back of the head unit? Does the xcarlink put some kind of interface onto the screen for changing tracks and such or do you control it though the iPod?