What's new

Xcarlink Interferance

BlamesCL9

Members
Reaction score
Car
CL9/CW3
hi guys

Just fitted my Xcarlink ipod adapter 2day, and there seems to be interverance. has anyone experienced this? its like a cosntant whining kinda noise. its very noticeable when its on a quiet music. or when it switched track.

i installed the Xcarlink under the radio (no directly, about 6 inches from radio.) will this cause the problem? shall i install it very away fromt he radio?

Thanks

Dan

I think this is a very common issue with all xcarlinks, i would say you should double check your ground, as usually thats were the problem is!

hi guys

Just fitted my Xcarlink ipod adapter 2day, and there seems to be interverance. has anyone experienced this? its like a cosntant whining kinda noise. its very noticeable when its on a quiet music. or when it switched track.

i installed the Xcarlink under the radio (no directly, about 6 inches from radio.) will this cause the problem? shall i install it very away fromt he radio?

Thanks

Dan

I have read that some people experience this, but alot dont, which kinda confuses me. the Xcarlink doesnt come with any ground connecters.

might have to try and put the unit further away fromt he radio and see if that will make a difference.

Do some not have a problem with cables? Contact the web site and get them to send you another set.

Frankly, I fail to see what the fuss is about with this thing.

hi guys

Thanks

Dan
My USB XCarLink is perfectly quiet. However what you describe sounds like what I had with my last Accord and admittedly a different make of ipod adapter. The noise I heard was generated by the ipod - you could hear the noise change as I browsed music on the ipod and so on. I found that disconnecting the power connection to the adapter so that that all I had was line out from the ipod but no charging removed the noise completely. I supppose that suggests an earthing problem. Don't know if that helps.....

Right, i have a feeling its the actualy ipod that causing the problem. im using a 1st gen ipod mini. swithced to my GF's iphone and it played perfectly, with no interference. so i will give my ipod nano a go and see if that will sort the problem out.