What's new

2003 littlebro remap ukcl9

B) Yes, this is what was done on UKLegacy when they were developing a remap for the 3.0 n/a, mainly the Spec B.

Took a while for bulletproof development to be completed and accepted, but quite a few had it done and some bhp/torque figures are very different. Mainly because the actual figures tested on RR could vary as much as 20 bhp/25 lb ft from the stated factory figures. Often conservative.

There are still doubters so sure it will be the same here till the RR figures are accepted, and consistent over a period of time.

Looking forward to how it develops though.

Good work.

Jon

Guys relax :) this might be new to you bot not so new to others.
I have the reflash for almost one year (and I was not one of the first customers for littlebo that's for sure :) ), and is working very very good and I already have few happy customers
here are the impressions topic about the reflash from our local Honda community you can use google translate
http://www.hondafan.ro/forum/showthread.php?16925-Impresii-ECU-reflash-K24

I'll be contacting ukcl9 sometime in next few months once house move sorted!lol! Sounds too good to be true!

Reflash plus CAI plus lowering a smidge and have Meyle droplinks to go on already. Could be a good little belter!! Maybe track day will beckon???

Jon

Oh yes, just need a steering wheel wrap to thicken and fill out the thin wheel.

Otherwise......

This makes sense now. I remember Dinoc saying ages ago that all K24s can be done, regardless of year. I wasn't sure what he was talking about as I couldn't get enough details at the time and it went against everything else I'd heard/read. He's running Littlebo's map. If I'd known this early...

Copy and pasted the picture of the dyno chart from the TSX forum:

3iquebdt.jpg

jonhond...have you had a legacy 3.0R spec B....very tempted to get one as my next car.any bad points apart from £500 a year road tax.lol.can you give a review?i think a great project car for some mods.remap to 280 bhp 4x4 estate.with coilovers.tyres.etc etc.would be a real sleeper.i wanted a bp5 but they are stupid money.plus i like high reving n/a engines.here is my accord if your looking for some ideas
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/16472-ukcl9-build/

Stevearcade said:
This makes sense now. I remember Dinoc saying ages ago that all K24s can be done, regardless of year. I wasn't sure what he was talking about as I couldn't get enough details at the time and it went against everything else I'd heard/read. He's running Littlebo's map. If I'd known this early...

Copy and pasted the picture of the dyno chart from the TSX forum:

3iquebdt.jpg
hmmm ...it says "K&N Tauschmatte, Skunk2 CatBack + Reflash (vor und nach)"

which sounds to me like it's a before and after (vor und nach) of an induction kit & catback exhaust & reflash i.e. not the reflash on its own on stock intake and exhaust

I don't think that dyno was sensitive enough ...
Bellow you can find a dyno made by 2 russians customers (stock cars with reflash)
Forget about the absolute power and notice only the delta (these are without corrections)

CL9
ajz1.jpg

CU2

1ge2.jpg

:eek: Nice Graphs, dinoc. Great improvement through the range. No flat spots!!

:D Hi uk. No, haven't had a spec B. Just spent a lot of time on UKLegacy that outlines a lot of info on mapping the spec B through Bob Rawle. Just do a search on there under tuning and you'll soon find it. Love the mods on your car by the way. Pretty intense and a great result! Mine will be a total sleeper!lol! Like me!

I had 2 choices in the end. To go for the Accord 2.4 semi auto, or a spec B semi auto, also 55 reg, but a fair distance away from Cardiff. Not sure how far as saw the Accord and that was it!! I have to say if I had gone to see the Spec B, then that probably would have been mine by now. Good thing was being a 55 reg, same tax as the Accord! I will see if it's still about. Looks a lovely car. You only have to dig up Fifth Gear spec B comparison test to see how good!

The Legacy I had was a 2001 Outback with the H6 engine. That model was auto and only rated at 208 bhp n/a but handling was excellent and all the grip you could want. Heavy car though. Engine was was uprated in 2003 to 245 as was the car. Much improved and the best of the legacy's. 2.5 to avoid though a few guys on the forum had them mapped and they were improved quite a bit so good result.

Cheers,

Jon

Jon_G said:
So is Littlebro a company or a person?

I'm sure this was discussed a while back in some other thread, although forgive me if I'm mistaken. He's a one man business who's a Honda enthusiast and a engineer or something (I forget the specifics). Anyway, he has developed these maps as he himself is an Accord owner who wanted more from his car and now sells his maps across Europe through regional agents who oversee the install. It's the same as how a number of tuners work. Not all tuners install maps they've developed, many are installing maps developed and supplied to them for a % of profits.

He has a website (http://www.k24reflash.com), the english ins't great, and it could do with a tidy up in some places, but in my opinion at least, this reads like it's been written by someone who knows and cares about tuning Hondas.

Please note that website is not finished.

By the way, 3 of my clients had piasini software before and they are happy now ;)

And one more thing, it will worth if you guys can meet and feel the car with the new software.
People usually are skeptical , is normal is in our blood this thing.
On our local forum, for instant, I have invited publicly people to a meeting and let them drive my car and so on asking for feedback and so on and the feedback was very good.

i wouldn't care if he was an ogre with leprosy tbh if you can get almost 230hp from a re flash that turns a 'tame' k24 into one of them proper vtec engines of the bygone era its a win win win no matter what way you look, or what petrol/diesel orientation you come form :p

does this has insurance ramifications?

Yes it would. It's a performance modification.

toffee_pie said:
i wouldn't care if he was an ogre with leprosy tbh if you can get almost 230hp from a re flash that turns a 'tame' k24 into one of them proper vtec engines of the bygone era its a win win win no matter what way you look, or what petrol/diesel orientation you come form :p

does this has insurance ramifications?
be careful with dyno graphs Eric.

dinoc says "Forget about the absolute power and notice only the delta (these are without corrections)"

Here is the looooong version of what dinoc is saying to you.

If you look at the CL9 graph in #41, there are 5 divisions between each major 30 PS increment label, so each division is 6 PS.

If you look at the "before" graph, the peak is about 216 PS. The "after" is stated as 226 PS, so the difference is about 10 PS.
i.e. those dyno graphs are probably un-calibrated. If you went to a "dyno meet" and took you car to different dynos, from what I have read about such grand occasions, you will get very different results.

So it depends on the PS in your car right now ......you won't get 230 PS Eric, no chance. What you will get is an increase of 10 PS, at most.

But if you look at the graph, what you WILL get, is an uplift where the dip is (around 6000, just about when the VTEC is engaged), which you probably have never noticed. You will also get a bit more longevity in lower gears. Now, these differences won't make any difference against a BMW 123 or a Focus ST, but it will make a difference in a straight line against another stock CL9.

Finally, top speed. The top speed in 5th (on the speedo) is 140 mph. It is very difficult to get the car up to that speed. One place where I have reached this speed, is in Germany, in a place remarkably similar to the west-bound part of the M40 downhill to junction 6. When the engine hits the rev limit in 5th, it is a very gentle touch, because the torque at the wheels in 5th is very low. What this means is, from the torque graphs, that it is dubious as to whether the car would still reach top speed in 5th after the reflash, without some wind or downhill ***istance. Note that a change into 6th at top speed actually reduces top speed, because 6th is overdriven (unless one has managed to keep up in the slip stream behind a WRX, also in Germany, when a change up to 6th does go a bit quicker than 140mph, if one has time to look at the speedo).

edit: "does this has insurance ramifications?" ......my answer ...."is the Pope a Catholic ?"

hmmm, might just focus on getting honda legend so. :huh:

but my car is pretty lively as it is, one thing i would like to do is dyno it and see what hp it gets on a ramp.

140mph is a pretty serious speed, not sure i would trust that speed in a focus, rs, st, or whatever flavour they come in.

CL9 AT owner icebox, catback, HFC, reflash vs FN2 stock - they tried 6 times from rolling 1st gear 40km/h to 160-180km/h - they were equal each time (the FN2 owner asked for rematch next weekend - the result was the same)
did I mention he has an AT :) and stock headers (where the bigger restrction is)
he is waiting for his Toda headers so definetely will be faster than FN2 on his CL9 AT :)

And the CL9 MT is much faster than an AT :)

CL9 MT with headers/intake reflash is faster than a golf gti dsg mk6 .

Do you think that you want more for a 4 doors family sedan ? :)

how do you know a reflashed cl9 will be slower than focus st,you dont have this reflash.bhp numbers dont tell you everythink

my cl9 with reflash and ep3 gears 1-5 keeps up with my brothers 250 bhp remaped 2008 saab 93 aero

straight line speed means nothing.my cl9 and brothers saab is modded.but get both cars on b roads and the accord wins hands down every time...handling is king

even my brother admitted the accord has the fun factor and is the better car to drive

Yes the gearing on the stock car is bad , especially from 1st to second
(1st is too short and second is too long and when shifting there is a quite big drop in rpms) .
At least the TSX has a longer 1st gear but a bigger FD (4.7 compared with the Euro one just 4.3)

What you did with your gearing (putting first 5 gears from EP3) is excelent, this is how the car should have been out of the factory ;)

i can vouch for the handling, blueguru took me for a spin in his CL9 which had a lot of very good mods and the handling was pants wetting.

even with my stock CL9 on coils i notice its completely different than standard, I could just wrap it around bends and corners and it will just stick to the tarmac, so a CL9 remapped and with modified gear ratios would be a hell of a ride and oust a lot of cars on the road.

There are ways to get the best clearly and...you guys are finding them! Much respect.

I had a Saab 9-5 2.3t 06 year 185 bhp semi auto and, bugger, did it shift once the split second lag had gone, and, no torque steer/wheelspin(in the dry!) It was uncomfortable for me but super quick, and not the aero!

You can't compare n/a cars against turbo's. As we know, easier to tune and far more already marketed upping performance petrol or diesel. It's an art extracting fairly decent levels of performance from n/a's so it's always going to be improving what's missing! just in the rev range. Perfect on a vtec.

I have to say I liked the Volvo V70 D5 185. Nigh on 300 lb ft torque and seriously quick, but achilles heel was nose weight...understeer understeer!! Bah!

Nothing like that with the K24 petrol, light and flicky! Love it!

before my honda days.i was a saab nut.i look back now and not sure why.i was lucky to owne a rare 93 viggen.tuned by abbott racing.2.3 turbo.dynod at 255 bhp 320 lbft.the torque was insane.i just left it in 4th and used the turbo.it was making 2 bars of boost at 2000 rpm.yes it was fast in a straight line.but didnt handle,brakes where bad.and cost a lot in repairs.in the end i sold it to a friend.whenthe clutch was on its way out.i did tell him.lol.then he spent another 1000 on new pistons/rings.etc .then i got my dc5.dynod 212 bhp.yes straight line it was slower.but get in on b roads.it was another story.you will be amazed how good the accord can be