What's new

2003 littlebro remap ukcl9

Is this a result from your accord in devon or from one in poland? sorry, just want to see what exactly is going on with these print outs as they got no date stamp

any answer on this?

toffee_pie said:
Is this a result from your accord in devon or from one in poland? sorry, just want to see what exactly is going on with these print outs as they got no date stamp

any answer on this?

OTIO

I want a rolling road print out from the UK with dates, and with an Accord model here.

Don't think anyone is going to be enticed with results from Poland, I am sure they are legit and all but still.

And yes, I am aware its polish, I am quite literate thank you guys. I am wondering why not post up results done here in good old blighty where its advertised.

I think UKCL9 said he plans to get his done soon. Hopefully he will.

:)

If you want to see the rolling roll for a cl9 pre map and after you can go to tdi north facebook. They have project 'Barge' which is a 53 plate k24 cl9.
Stock roll was 197 and after remap was 210 and gain 10 torque.

sfai said:
If you want to see the rolling roll for a cl9 pre map and after you can go to tdi north facebook. They have project 'Barge' which is a 53 plate k24 cl9.
Stock roll was 197 and after remap was 210 and gain 10 torque.
that's a good find, useful to know that there are other people onto this :)

they appear to be doing many different cars, one of which as mentioned is ....

.............................................................................................................
Project "Barge" finally happening.

Been mad busy recently but finally had some time to do the ecu conversion and do a base map today.
Car is a 2004 CL9 K24 with just over 110k on it.
It made 197 on the base run and I hit 210 with the re...map and a good 10+ ftlb across the whole rev range.

We are going to mod this in.the most cost effective way possible ........etc etc

.............................................................................................................

[one of the accompanying pictures is a photo of the dyno run for the car ....errr maybe]
another_crystal_ball.jpg

BUT........

if you look on the graph, both plots peak in the y-axis intervals between 200 and 210, so if the plots are a before and after, then the before is also greater than 200.

there is a BIG problem with the absolute y-axis values of engine power on nearly all rolling-road dyno plots

the issue is this.

let's go with the statement "It made 197 on the base run": why not 196 or 198?
A number like this implies an accuracy of 1 in 200, which is 0.5%

It really is totally and absolutely impossible to measure the shaft BHP using a "cheap" RR dyno (rolling road dyno), to an accuracy of 0.5%. An RR dyno will need a correction to "lift" or "correct" the power at the wheels to the power at the engine shaft, and you can make out a tiny bit of the correction plot on the graph. On other dyno photos on their facebook, you can see more of the correction plots.

But, it is impossible to know what the corrections should be. The only way to actually measure shaft power to this level of accuracy, without removing the engine from the car, is to.
1. use a "compound" dyno that bolts onto the wheel studs (with wheels removed)
2. run up the compound dyno in motoring mode with the gearbox in a chosen gear with the clutch pedal down. This gets the power required to rotate the driveshafts, diff, and gearbox, at all speeds up to max speed in the selected gear
3. run the compound dyno in brake mode, to measure the power produced at the wheel studs using the same chosen gear, then add back the curve measured in 2.

If the above procedure is used with an RR dyno that can motor with the wheels in place, then the level of accuracy will be less because of tyre temperature changes during the runs.

If the RR dyno does not have any kind of motoring mode (as in the case of most RR dynos) then the corrections have to be manually entered. If it uses a database, it begs the question, can any database possibly contain, to the level of accuracy required, the power lost in each model of car at speed intervals for: gearboxes in different gears, driveshafts, different wheel types, different tyres, different tyre pressures? Without that level of information, these types of RR dyno, where the corrections are manually entered, are probably capable of giving engine shaft power to an accuracy of 5% at best i.e. 10 HP in 200.

freddofrog said:
Without that level of information, these types of RR dyno, where the corrections are manually entered, are probably capable of giving engine shaft power to an accuracy of 5% at best i.e. 10 HP in 200.
So the remap may give +13hp +/- 10hp?

teacake said:
So the remap may give +13hp +/- 10hp?
No, 13 hp +/- 2.5% or 13 hp as near as dammit.

The point is, relative differences are not the same as absolute values, ***uming that that the same "fudge factors" were used on the two runs being compared.

Better still, just show plots of the power at wheels, and use those instead.

Mathematically, if the power at the wheels on 2 runs are W1 and W2, and the "fudge factor" is N ....

where the "fudge factor" is being used as a percentage, then one of the engine powers E1 = W1 x N, and the other engine power E2 = W2 x N, so the difference is either W1 - W2, or if E1 and E2 are being used, then E1 - E2 is the same as (W1 - W2) x N

where the "fudge factor" is being used as an "add-on", then one of the engine powers E1 = W1 + N, and the other engine power E2 = W2 + N, so the difference is either W1 - W2, or if E1 and E2 are being used, then E1 - E2 is the same as W1 - W2

:blink:

bottom line is you are lucky to get 15hp gain.

bottom bottom line is horses are not cheap

Yeh, tdi north are using a tsx ecu and gonna add type r cams, 50°vtc, different intake manifold rbb?and fn2 70mm throttle body.
they are looking for 250bhp.

Does this mean that tdi north are going to live map the tsx ecu on a rolling road, as we are leaving the likes of bolt ons and moving to serious tuning (cams etc). That's what had to be done on my b16 when I had cams and head work?

Isn't this a lot different to a re flash?

Hi guys, got a 55 plate 2006 civic type S with the k20a3 engine, I've got a short induction, cone filter, japspeed 4-1 exhaust manifold and decat + stainless type R backbox, the things got 'drive by wire' can I get a reflash ecu? And will it help things? Mpg is diabolical too! Thanks.

Sent from my P023 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, it's been a while since the last positive reply about reflashed ecu of k24a3. Is it still working so perfect, or you have already noticed some disadvantages?
What about the price? How much does it cost?

All fine here, covered over 30K with the remap.

Well many many cars were flashed meantime around the world (many requests came to k24reflash.com from Australia, UK, and other European countries) , and most of them are not part of this forum :)

Great!!! Does anyone of reflashed drives on LPG ? How does other mods, like ram air intake affects it? No check engine?

Who is the contact person?

Thanks, gents!

My cl9 has been on lpg for last 8 years,with no issues.
The reflash can handle intake . Header. Exhaust.
There is also a reflash for adding tsx intake cam and tb
Im the uk dealer.send me a pm
If your happy to pay the postage costs i can send you a reflashed test ecu.

Thanks