What's new

Basic DIY servicing and maintenancefor noobs

For the refill I'll have a look at using a couple of spirit levels on the rocker cover to ensure its as level on both axis as it can be. I've got a couple of trolley and scissors jacks so we'll see how it goes.

Bumping this as I have some time off during Easter so have planned to do some jobs. Not sure if all will fall under maintenance job, some are mods.

1) Valve Clearance - really need to get this 2k overdue, and the engine sounds a bit tappety on idle.
2) EGR clean - not sure I will attempt this right now tbh, but might do if feeling confident.
3) Clean engine bay - saharan storm has left fair amount of dirt and dust in the engine bay so clean out is required.
4) Scuttle panel and door clean out - lot of dirt under the scuttle panel that needs cleaning and damn moss on window rubbers and door handles that need to be cleaned
5) Finish off the retrim of fake wood - I will do a guide on this if my technique is successful
6) Refurb alloys with plastidip - will do a guide on this if successful
7) Refurb remote fob button - will do a guide on this if successful

One thing I would love to do is get the bodywork sorted, the rear bumper is messed up, but I dont know any trusty bodyshops round my way, and the problem with that is leaving it on the street it will get messed up again, need to find a garage to rent possibly since the car is rarely used on weekdays.