What's new

Do your headlights condensate.

If the condensation is as bad as Stuarts, and Honda won't replace the headlights, then you'll need to take the lights out and reseal them. There must be a leak somewhere. I think someone posted about how they did this. http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/85-misted-headlamps-bulletin-recall/page__st__20

Franco, the clutch pedal can be easily solved: http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/86-clutch-pedal-creakclick/

Are the parking sensors a genuine honda fit or an aftermarket fit? Could be a blown fuse (reverse light), faulty sensor or buzzer.

Ok, had a good look at the sensors today. It's the genuine Honda item, but there seems to be a mile of unused cable bunched up under the plastic moulding at the back of the car. A bit of a messy job as nothing is even cable tied in place. When I looked closely at the control unit I noticed there was a small cut in one of the sensor cables. I'm fairly confident that I can fix this if the dealer decides not to. I'll just wait and see what happens on Saturday. Thanks for your comments by the way!

I had my headlights repaired under warranty at Springfield Honda Newcastle when they repaired my tail-gate, i'm not sure if they still do this repair for free?, i'm sure someone on here will know, be warned though, i've had "differing experiences" with Springfield Honda Newcastle, they can either be excellent or not! Hope it works out for you Zucco

Hi Christian, you were right, there is lots of good info on this site! I'm actually taking the car to Springfield Honda at the Silverlink, I heard from a car dealer that they were a lot more helpful there compared to the Scotswood branch. Apart from these niggles, the car drives fantastically and I'm enjoying the extra bit of executive luxury compared to my old BMW!
Good luck with the car!

50% of offside headlight with condensation. Removed main beam bulb, drove 30 miles home from mother in laws. 80% of it gone. Leave overnight and headlight perfectly clear of condensation.Replace bulb and rubber grommet and hope for the best! We shall see if it comes back.
C

I have about 4 small bags of silica in each of the housings behind the actual reflectors - just behind the round rubber seal where the connector is. Although I still get misty headlights when it's damp, they clear very fast now; it used to take days for them to clear before. Honda's clips didn't work and they just flat out refused to replace them.

Some chap mentioned on here a prime example.cannot find it though, but it goes along these lines.

If you think of a plastic bottle with 3/4 water in it and leave it in the sun or rain it will condensate. What this chap said did make sense so I tried it and he was right! Having said that you can have all your seals air tight, grommets snug but if air somehow creeps into your headlamp there isn't much you can do about it. P.s I've got the silica gel bags secured inside the headlamp nicely. My lamps condensate now and again even after replacing the silica

50% of offside headlight with condensation. Removed main beam bulb, drove 30 miles home from mother in laws. 80% of it gone. Leave overnight and headlight perfectly clear of condensation.Replace bulb and rubber grommet and hope for the best! We shall see if it comes back.
C
Has stayed clear since!
C

Try cut two or three small (1-2mm) holes in rubber.
I did that and have no problems with condensation since!