What's new

03 Accord executive 2.0 ivtec

crespo

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2.0 i-vtec
Does my car have xenons.????
All the reviews like parkers etc list my car as having xenons but im pretty sure it hasnt.
There is no warming up period like you get with xenons and they look like halogens from the front.
I would pull a bulb out and take a look but i nearly had a heart attack when i lifted the bonnet, How the hell do you even get at the bulb without removing the headlight.

Does your car have headlight washers on the bumper? That will answer also your first question as far as I know.

Yes it has headlight washers.
I had a HID kit on my old car and there was a slight warming up period of about 3 seconds before they reached full brightness, My car doesnt which makes me think they are not xenons.

Only the 2.4 Exec pre facelift cars came with HID's from the factory - so unless your car has them as an optional extra, I would say NO.

All Exec's have headlight washers, that doesn't mean anything.

any 2.4 pre facelift or facelift come with HID factory fitted if they are Auto transmission only... facelift ones also have LKAS & ACC

Also the main giveaway is if you have a headlamp adj wheel on right hand side of dash then it does not have HID's,as self levelling s required.

Does my car have xenons.????
All the reviews like parkers etc list my car as having xenons but im pretty sure it hasnt.
There is no warming up period like you get with xenons and they look like halogens from the front.
I would pull a bulb out and take a look but i nearly had a heart attack when i lifted the bonnet, How the hell do you even get at the bulb without removing the headlight.
Getting access to the bulb is actually easier than it looks although you may scratch your knuckles...it takes about 5mins to replace both headlight bulbs (on a petrol model anyway)