What's new

03 Auto Gearbox

rallaccord

Reaction score
Car
03 Tourer 2.4 Auto
Hi new to the wonders of Accord ownership and so far very impressed. I have a 2.4 Tourer with the Auto box, seems to be fine generally, but when in traffic at just over 50 sometimes the car judders like I am going over the rumble strips (which I am not - checked that one). A slight dab on the throttle stops the sensation, I checked the gearbox oil level and it was low, I have topped the level up with Honda oil and the issue remains. It is very intermittent, When using the box in manual mode I cannot replicate the issue. Any ideas?

I've had this on 2 occasions and it lasted a couple of seconds each time around the same speed. I thought it might be the driveshaft issue but not so sure.

I had a similar issue on mine. It seemed to 'hesitate' or 'judder' very briefly. A gearbox oil change later and the problem has vanished and not returned.

I wonder why the gearbox oil change stopped it? Mine was done 25k miles ago at Honda looking at the history so should be good for twice that mileage.

I was driving through the M25 roadworks the other week and down a 50mph road, with the cruise control set to 50mph it juddered a few times, iIf I set the speed to just under or over it stopped.

I did a 200 mile round trip mainly doing 70mph last week and it didn't judder once so it's definitely only an issue at 50mph.

I will do a change in the summer then and see if it goes, I don't do that much motorway driving anyway.