What's new

03 plate 2.4 - traction control kicking in, won't accelerate properly

muddym2002

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Currently having problems with my accord 2.4, traction control light was randomly coming on and staying on, when the light was on i was getting loss of power. Engine management light also came on - randomly.
We plugged in snap-on solus and pulled out codes:

P2138 App sensor A-B Correlation (in engine management ) we cleared this and it stayed away

In brake systems -
25-1 Yaw rate sensor failure
68-1 Brake switch failure - checked on live data and is reading brake pressure so must be working ok?
83-1 ECM/PCM relation failure
we cleared these but the triangle/exclamation warning light just stayed on and button does not activate or deactivate the traction control

Took it for a drive around the block and plugged it in again, it now had a new code:
84-1 Sensor logic failure
again we cleared this and the light still stayed on, car also feels like it is holding back:
Don't know if it counts for anything but we had a search on the net and it said a faulty alternator could cause various problems, checked the output at the battery, no lights etc - it is putting out 13.8 volts - slightly low - loaded up with lights, blowers etc it is dropping down to 12.2 volts, very low but car never fails to start, lights dont dim and everything works fine whilst driving (apart from traction control)

Has anyone got a push in the right direction for us as we dont want to send it to Honda as it is so expensive??

Could it be something simple as a battery? The VSA system is quiet sensitive to voltage drops and the battery is the buffer to smoothen out drops, spikes (coupled with the voltage regulator in the alternator). Getting the battery tested is a cheap option before trying to troubleshoot the VSA system.

As the sensor faults keep moving it seems possible.

My type s is throwing up the same 68-1 and 84-1 codes, I know the 68-1 code is the switch at the brake pedal, but wasnt sure of the 84-1 code so consulted a mate at honda. According to his system, the vsa module needs replacing? Oh dear......

Have a search on the forum guys. You will find your answer.

The Brake switch gets dirty over time and gives incorrect readings. I had all sort of issues with the VSA light but this fixed it. Took 30 minutes and cost nothing. I'd suggest you do that, reset your error codes and then see what (if any) come back.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

:)