What's new

04 Tourer CDTI Flashing green key & other probs

earlofbarrett

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer 2004
Since I privately bought a 2004 Accord Tourer Executive CDTI back on 23/09/11 I've had to have the key recoded, an ECU update and a new 680 amp battery fitted with my local Honda dealer on 03/11/11 after a full diagnostic check, but a week later I am getting the intermittent flashing Green Key Light again, along with the handbrake, tailgate and coil light on dashboard when vehicle is locked, stationery and key removed. Have to leave car unlocked otherwise I get the following problems:

• Immobiliser is draining the battery.

• Central locking intermittently working when using key.

• Indicator and side lights start flashing (but no alarm sound). Car does not know whether it's locked/open and therefore arming/disarming itself.

• Passenger side back window has started opening by itself. Could it be a faulty solenoid?

• If car locked and key removed from ignition can still open the electric windows.

Obviously it's gone back into the dealer today but has anybody else suffered this annoying problem, or better still can you provide a solution?

Many thanks in advance!

sounds like a screwed ecu to me. hopefully not though. if it is the ecu. you will need the ecu out of a scrapped car and the keys. just switch the ecu and take the immobiliser chip out of the donor key and put it in your original. then get the key re coded so it operates the central locking again and your good to go. it will cost no more than 200 quid all in. much cheaper than the 3 billion pounds Honda will quote you.

hopefully I am completely wrong. but I can't think for the life of me what else could cause this apart from the ecu.

It could be dodgy ignition barrel contacts. I wouldn't think the ecu would be involved with the windows. It would also explain the lights on the dash.

Actually it could be the ECU - it controls everything (literally).

The ECU may supply live feeds to other control units, but it is unlikely to directly control the windows. The alarm system has its own control unit, as does the power tailgate.
Vehicles with Canbus can get odd faults when you remove a component, because of the way they talk to each other.
I believe the Accord does not utilise Canbus.

Yep that's right, but these cars run a multiplexed wiring system. So a single wire is running multiple signal streams. An ECU is controling much more than software, its also sending voltage and control signals to various devices around the vehicle. I'm not saying it is the ECU, but it could be related in my opinion.

And yes the 7th gen Accord is not CAN.

generaly with multiple faults there is a common problem between all of them. i would not jump to conclusions regarding the ecu. you menchon the alarm does not sound? i suspect the alarm siren has been spiked due to the car being jump started incorrectly. its common for people to unplug the siren in order to silence it as otherwise the wont turn off after being spiked. its easy to access and should be one of the first checks to carry out. just remove/pull back the o/s/r side boot trim and see if it has been disconnected. regarding to the immobiliser light flashing etc. does it constantly flash allong with the other lights with the key removed and car locked or is it just briefly? looking over all the problems makes me wander if someone has fittted an aftermarket alarm maybe? with the more complicated alarms you can wire up auto closure windows etc and i wander if whoever fitted it made a hash of it?. could be many things though so lets hope the garage comes up with a solution. what garage have you taken the car to?......ohh and welcome to TA