What's new

05 Accord Exec and fitting Parrot CK3100

harrington_cit

Reaction score
Car
2005 Accord Exec
Hi there,

New here and wonder if anybody can help me.... Recently got a Parrot CK3100 for free and went about fitting it to my 2005 Accrod Exec. I did my research and bought an ISO converter which I plugged into the stereo and which gave me plugs to plug the Parrot into.

HAving put the whole thing pack together I found that the parrot doesn't work properly. The stereo is fine but when the phone rings it cuts sound to the front speakers but not to rear speakers. It means that I have to turn down the volume if the stereo when I receive a call. I tried to connect up mute wire from the Parrot to the stereo but there doesn't seam to be a mute wire on it....

The other problem that I have is that the volume of the parrot is deafening loud despite having the volume of the parrot turned fully down..

Having researched the problems further, I think that my Accord EXEC has a Premium Stereo system which has an external amplifier....I wonder if anybody knows if this is the case? I believe the output from the parrot is being amplified by this and causing me the problems I outline....

The next question is if I use the SOT-047 or the 06-047b will this fix my problem? I am not exactly sure what the differences between them are..... Has anybody come across this problem and how did you resolve it?

Thanks
John

I think it is to do with the premium amplified setup. I believe (but could be wrong) the SOT-047 is the correct lead for it but never tried it myself.