What's new

08 Accord - HFT password reset?

sorry to hear that, but you did just make me laugh out loud in my office, so not all is lost!

Maybe now you've got the hang of it you could while away boring journeys by systematically going through all the possible numbers...then again that'd probably make the journey even worse...and you'd probably crash when you finally discover that magic number!

shall we start a sweepstake?

ok.

I tried two yesterday - so it's not 0000 or 9999 (imaginative guesses I know!), clearly that narrows it down quite a bit. I only have another 9998 combinations to try.

My next attempts will be 3333 then 1234. Or maybe I should just call the dealer. :)

:lol:

does it say in the handbook or is the password the previous owners

does it say in the handbook or is the password the previous owners

I had a quick scan in the handbook but didn't see anything. need to have a more thorough look tonight, a few ales while I browse the manual can only help. I expect it's the previous owners though.

I had a quick scan in the handbook but didn't see anything. need to have a more thorough look tonight, a few ales while I browse the manual can only help. I expect it's the previous owners though.
Ally mate have a look at the check thing as well if you get time :)

Ok So it's not 3333 or 1234.

I got it booked in for them to check out my warning light on Wednesday and mentioned that I need to get the Hands Free password sorted too.

I didn't see any mention of it in the manual or handbook.

Hey all

Just found this post, did you have any luck with this or was it sorted from the main dealer?

I'm having the same problem, Honda want £54 to reset the code which they say needs a 30min diagnostic.