What's new

100,000 Mile Service 06 CDTI

phoenix802

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 Saloon Ex i-CDTI
Hi Guys,

I recently bought an Accord and looking through the service history saw that it was due its next service. I just rang up a Honda dealer and was quoted £400 for the service! He did mention a bunch of things he was going to change but I was slightly in shock and didnt really take notice of them :blush:

I have two questions, is this about right for a 100,000 mile service? And would you guys recommend taking it to a 3rd party garage and buying the parts and letting them do it. I dont have the know how to do it myself (but I'm gonna start to learn coz thats jus mad!!) Also I am based in london and the last service was done around 75,000 at a Honda Dealer.

Thanks

Mai

With my limited knowledge it should have had a small service done at 87,500 as well. It's really important to take it to Honda or at least make sure Honda parts are used.

Yea I realised that after buying the car and reading posts on here. Hopefully nothing has been damaged due to the missing service but the fluid levels were pretty topped up so hopefully the guy before me took it to a local garage!

Having topped up fluids doesn't mean much I'm afraid. My bruv thinks bunging a bottle of 10-40 into his Quashqai once every few months (he does 5K a year :eek:) is a service!!!!!

Where is London are you? Chiswick Honda are considered good and honest. But without the list of what they were to do it is hard to say whether or not it is extreme.

I can appreciate that without a list of what gets done its difficult to say if its a good price or not. Im based near Harrow, Ruislip and Watford are my nearest dealers - Chiswick are about 15miles away let me give them a ring and see what they say.

Thanks Dan, I will try and remember what they say this time!

Thats wear i brought my car from :)
I would ask them for a breakdown in the price to see what you are actually paying for.
Bear in mind a full service kit only cost about £110 with oil from lube tech.

I was just about to say that :lol:

Might be worth mentioning TA, see if they will do summutt on the price. ;).

Just called the Chiswick branch and got a quote for £339, included in this would be the draining and replacing of the oil, replacing the oil, pollen, air and fuel filter. It sounds like what the dealer in Ruislip offered.

The hardest part of that is the fuel filter... You can a garage to do that for half an hour's labour plus OEM part.

Is there really no chance you could DIY? There is nowt there that needs any special tools...

A torque wrench, filter tool and one of those articulated socket adapters, socket set, axel stands, jack and chocks, long nose pliers, - oh, maybe a vice ;)

You'll save money even if you have to buy a jack and new tools by doing the service yourself. if you dont mind not having a main dealer stamp in the book then I say go for it, as at that mileage I dont think its expected.

As the service history suggests that it hasnt been serviced in the last 20,000 miles roughly I thought it would be a good idea to get it done professionally, I have no experience with servicing or any of the tools that you mentioned. I plan to learn how to do a service as I will be doing roughly 800 miles a week for work so I wont be able to afford to service it at a dealer every 4/5 months! I like the idea of buying the kit for £110 and then supplying that to a mechanic to do, would you guys recommend that or not?

If your not handy with the spanners then dont do it is my advise.
If you no a good and trusted garage then that's fine as long as you use genuine parts and the correct oil grade.

With September coming up it's just the right time to enrol on a car maintenance class at your local college.

With September coming up it's just the right time to enrol on a car maintenance class at your local college.
Cliff i might enrol in torque settings :lol:

price up oil and filter change at National, its under 50 quid, 10 quid for an air filter from your local motor factor or someone like eurocarparts, this is 4 screws to change, takes 3 mins tops, pollen filter change is dead simple as well ( although I just removed mine as it gives a huge increase in air flow ) get an independant to do teh gearbox oil and fuel filter and job done for probably half of whats been quoted.

My diesel is > 170K and I just do the above ( gearbox and fuel filter only as required), I give it a general check over as well, lube all moving bits such as throttle cables etc. runs lovely for me...

As I just got the car I wanted to get the once over by someone that knows about the faults and things to look out for as I cant be sure how well the guy before me took care of it and if there is anything major wrong with it. Would a local mechanic be able to tell me as well as one of the Honda guys? If so I think I will get the parts from Lube Tech and then find a good mechanic around me - and in the mean time I'll learn how to use a wrench :p

Thanks for the advice guys appreciate it

I've managed to rope a friend who knows his way around the engine bay to help me with this service and wanted to ask a very n00b question :blush:

I've seen that we can get a discount on the oil but can we get discounts on the filters as well and where is the best place to get them from?

Have a word with holdcroft Honda and tell them you're a member.

Hi guy just had my 100k service at a Honda dealer, when I picked up the car amber advice coolant change. I was frustrated as I have checked the book and yes this is due, my question is should this have been done or no It's up to me to pay extra above the service? Was a bit disappointed as has talked to the service manger before I booked it in and thought they would have said about this. They did ask if I wanted the air con serviced but I said no thanks. Any comments or help would be great.

Hi guy just had my 100k service at a Honda dealer, when I picked up the car amber advice coolant change. I was frustrated as I have checked the book and yes this is due, my question is should this have been done or no It's up to me to pay extra above the service? Was a bit disappointed as has talked to the service manger before I booked it in and thought they would have said about this. They did ask if I wanted the air con serviced but I said no thanks. Any comments or help would be great.

Coolant change is a service item at 62500 miles or 5 years on the diesel, then 37500 miles or 3 years. So it wasn't due on this particular service. If it was me I would have the coolant and the aircon done to be honest.

Unless by 100k you mean 100000 kilometers in which case they should have done it.

Unless by 100k you mean 100000 kilometers in which case they should have done it.
Thanks for your comments, car is a diesel on 100,000miles service. Coolant was changed at 62500 car is 3yrs and 9months old as ex company car. So the coolant is due, but is this an extra item I pay more for? Also should I have been told about this before collection ie when talking through my car or even over the phone when they had my car? I'm going to ring the manager tomorrow, first experience of Honda main dealer and not too impressed. Best bit when receptionist talks me through the invoice explaining the free car wash! I returned after looking at my unwashed car, oh sorry have they not done that, what else have they not done? Frustrating

Sorry, you are right, just realised 62.5 + 37.5 is 100.

DOH!!!!

In that case it should have been done for no extra cost as it is a specified item on the 100k service.

Sorry, you are right, just realised 62.5 + 37.5 is 100.

DOH!!!!

In that case it should have been done for no extra cost as it is a specified item on the 100k service.
That's what I thought, but rung them today and no its up to me to have it done and it will be £90! But as we messed you around we will do it at discount of £70. The fluid is £20, then plus time etc. I may ring round and see what other dealers advice and costs are? Just want the job done at the right price and people to be up front. Too much to ask?

It's an easy DIY if you just buy the fluid and a new rubber o-ring for the radiator drain plug. There are step by step instructions in the back of the owner's handbook. For about £20 you'll be sorted ;)