What's new

17" Wheels

ian earl

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord tourer 2l
Hi has anyone out there found good tyres to stop tramlining on 17" honda wheels or will i be better of changing to 16" or even 15" wheels.This is on 2l accord tourer 2005 no mods.Currently have faulken tyres with 6mm of tread left.
Thanks for any help Ian.

Welcome to TA.

A search should reveal some handy hints for you.

Hi m8, I expect you have ze912, if so this is your problem. I had the same when they were fitted to the front. I currently run bridgestone re050 with no problem.

have a good search mate this subject has been covered lots of times

Hi m8, I expect you have ze912, if so this is your problem. I had the same when they were fitted to the front. I currently run bridgestone re050 with no problem.
I have the same tyres on my honda CRV 215/55/r17 and i feel they do tramline, but very slightly.

Thanks to all. i have seen various tyre tests and comments on honest john ect but have not come to any real answer about what tyres to fit.I do understand it comes down to personal preference.But if i knew what caused some tyres to tramline and others not.
That would at least help with my choice.anyone know about tyre construction/tread patterns your help would be appreciated. also i notice in my hand book tyre spec says load rating is 91 but on sticker on door pillar it says 94 anyone know witch is correct for tourer.
Thanks ian.

Honest John is pants mate.

Have you read the threads on here?

I have 17" Pentason PS3 and no tramlining.

Lots of people here have 17" rims, and there are various brands being used. Not sure how many (but doubt there are too many) members with this issue.