What's new

1st Gear Problem

dl0205

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CTDI
Hi chaps

As the ***le suggest I have an issue with 1st gear. I know the there is an issue with the gear box on 7th Gen cars with it popping out of 1st gear. This isn't a big issue as it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it is usually whilst in traffic. It has happened whilst keeping a constant speed (i.e not on and off the throttle). There is as I understand a modification for the gearbox that Honda supplies.
My questions are as follows:
1. Has anyone else suffered with this issue?
2. How much did it cost to rectify?
3. Has anyone done this job, if so what was it like to do?

Cheers

Thanks for the fast response. I take it the Honda UK websiteHonda UK would not give the same info with regards to the VIN as this is more for recalls?

Yes that right the website is for recalls only. this wasn't classed as a recall as it affected only a few cars.Honda expect all cars to go into dealerships for routine servicing & good Honda dealer would have cross checked you VIN when it came in for service and picked this up... provided you has complained of this.

If the customer keeps mum the dealership will not go out of their way to look for problems.;)
Yeah that's fair enough. Was this something that was originally done under warranty?

That's right it was under the standard 3 years and 90k miles and there is no extended warranty on this.Your car will be out of warranty now so it make things difficult for a straight forward yes.

First get it checked out at a local dealer tell them there is an official TSB for this and you want your VIN checking ,if so get HUKCS rung
Forgive my ignorance what's the TSB abbreviation for (not the bank that likes to say yes is it!)

Technical Service Bulletin IIRC

NP BTW HTH ;)

no problem, by the way. Happy to help.