What's new

2.0 manual petrol miles to tank.

Connor

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0i ex
As above how many miles yous getting to a tank in your 2.0 manuals.
I got 320 for £60 mostly motorway driving mostly under 70.
This good or bad?

Connor said:
This good or bad?
I think is bad for motorway,.it is less then 30mpg...
I have more then 30mpg mixed driving (about 50/50) at recent cold wether, summertime is much better.

I thought it was bad too but just changed from a diesel passat. Thought i woulda got better miles than this as i was at 60 going to work everyday. Ill give it a service and see how it goes.

Was just wondering to see what people on here was getting to a tank

You should be getting around 40mph on a full tank.
With fresh oil on the motorway I can Avg 43 if I drive with a light foot in my K24

As previously said, 30mpg seems about right for the colder weather. Check your tyre pressures, oil and condition of the air filter. Also one thing to check is if the air intake pipe is split which can contribute towards lower mpg and performance.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Aye im going to give it a service soon. New plugs and oil. I was told the k24s are better on petrol than the k20 butbi didnt think it would have been this bad. Im nearly doubling the cost of going to work now. I was fed up with the diesel but didnt think the accord would of been as bad as this lol

I was the same came from an economical diesel hatchback, the trade off of the extra fuel consumption is that the accord is not going to need injectors, dual mass flywheel or a turbo to replace. Diesels nowadays are way too complex and can throw big bills costing more than the saving made in fuel.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Thats why i had changed back to petrol the diesel always seemed to need something and was never cheap so wanted to go bk to a petrol honda just thought it would be a bit more economical than it is.

Also check that your brakes aren't binding... I regularly used to get 320-350 miles out of a full tank on mine until I replaced the rear calipers. Next long run instantly got me up to 410 miles on a full tank.

Defo spend less time wasting under the bonnet now I have a petrol too. Years of Diesel always cleaning out gunky ***** and ***ociated costs that go with keeping them in shape. In fact although I go on about it quite a lot but the 1.8 Petrol T25 Avensis is the most economical car to run if you want old school cheap motoring. You can pick an older one up for just of a 'bag a sand', chain driven, service it yourself for about £50 (engine service really simple), get 40mpg on a run easy and it never goes wrong! with all this going for it no point having a diesel. Trade off with one of those is not as torquey as a diesel and pulling power but still nippy enough to keep you happy. I changed from that into my now Accord and I love it. If I get made redundant and cannot afford to run the Accord I would without a second thought go back to cheap motoring of the old Avensis over any diesel headache any day. Oh and a 3 pc Valeo clutch kit for one of those was £65! about £150 for a local garage to fit it.

I have 2.0 cl7. I get 270ish miles out a full tank if i drive like a 17yr old and 320ish if i drive like an 87yr old.

I have a facelift 2ltr (slight different engine to preface lift, has the k20z2) I get at least 45 miles to £10 and that's all city driving start stop. Motorway I get a lot more, from Manchester to Dudley and back (150 miles) I do it in under £25 easily, on the dash it says average 36-38mpg