What's new

2.4 06 Tourer - Help please!

MattUK

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 2.4 EX Tourer
Hi Guys

Typical Sunday afternoon sort of thing to happen. Noticed that the tailgate won't operate electronically and the car won't start - sort of slow starter motor turnover noise followed by rapid flashing and clicking of various lights on the display (VSA etc) -any ideas or suggestions would be most welcome! (Unfortunately, I don't have the kit to test the battery here).

Thanks, in a slight voice of desperation!

Matt.

Sounds like a duff battery to me

Mr RAC has just been out (I'm impressed, 7 minutes from call to arrival!) and confirmed - battery drained. Sorted with his jump-pack. Bit of a mystery as to why it was flat though - it gets a good 150 miles motorway work a day. Maybe time for a shiny new battery.

Thanks for the quick response,

Best

Matt.

the electricity has disappeard from the beattery. i suggest you charge it or replace it.

The ex is a real power hungry motor and with the key in the first position you have access to most electrics. Also std sealed batteries can loose around 5% of total charge per week so its easy for a battery to run down if your not careful.

Battery tests are also useless. I would just get it changed for the biggest battery you can source to fit the box.

My 57 2.4 EX tourer has drained itself 3 times.
1) Boot left open when Indespension fitted tow bar Feb.
2) Boot left opening while loading caravan July (not a slow caravanner- you will have problems overtaking me up to 80.).
3) Last week- returned home after 2 weeks away working. I had to jump it off the unreliable Ducati.

New battery was only £73 from Kwikfit-same price as one for my Ducati.

It is a wee little battery and it has a hard time. I won't object to a new battery every 4 years considering how good the rest of the car is.