What's new

2.4 i (CU2) Fuel Filter Serviceable?

TiFicate

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2008
Hello fellow Accord owners,
Apologies if this was already asked and answered,
(as it is my first car - 8th gen 2008 2.4i 148kw Accord)
im changing the filters (oil,cabin,air..) and now im wondering if the Fuel Filter is changeable/serviceable as well ?
I went to my local car's service and the guy at the desk told me, that the fuel filter is not changeable and it's more like a funnel than a filter, is it true?
I had a quick glance over this forum threads and it seems people have mixed opinions, regarding 8th gen's Fuel filter replacement. (appearantly up until 7th gen, the fuel filters were servicable?)
Should I worry about changing it? When should I change it?
Thanks in advance ;)

Congrats on the car. The fuel filter is changeable, and Honda say change it every 6 years. It's under the back seat in the estate so yours will either be there or at the back of the boot under the lining if it's a saloon.

Congrats on the car. The fuel filter is changeable, and Honda say change it every 6 years. It's under the back seat in the estate so yours will either be there or at the back of the boot under the lining if it's a saloon.
Thank you! Yes, it's a saloon/Sedan.
As it's quite an old car now , thought of changing all the filters to prevent any issues in the future..
Guess I'll need to check with another mechanics garage to see if they can change it!

It’s part of the in tank pump ***embly. Definitely worth changing. Did it on my wife’s FRV 7 years ago..

Small write up here: