What's new

well they look at the below link that is for a civic but there is a kit for the Accord. you can call HH aka Holdcroft Honda and see what they can do for you . when you get enough posts you will see the HH sections and our club discounts.

Surprising to see Bridgestone blowing up.. would like to see the damage was it due to a nail sharp object yada..can you get some pictures up please as and when you get round it.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item3cb8d6a60f

Thanks for that, tyre was shreaded on the inside of the rear left-hand side, second blowout this year other was front drivers side, with luck both were at low speed so no problems -its just the inconvieience of it all - was a bit worried about the space saver option as could not find an option for the 8th gen tourer with 18" alloys. Will be phoning the dealer on Monday morning to arrange repair so will see what they come up with. Cheers JF

Hi Guys, Seems to be real confusion on the spacesaver tyre for the Accord Tourer 8th Gen as I have 18" Alloys. The only spacesaver I can find is 17", is this ok or not. Any help would be much appreciated as I cannot put up with the car being recovered everytime it has a puncture!

Is there a well big enough for a full size wheel on the 8th gen?

Not really sure, can't check because my car is still at the dealers, hoping they will get me sorted tomorrow! It is ridiculous to have a blow out on a friday and still not have your car back until the Monday at the earliest.

Just bought a 7th gen and am chuffed because I lifted up the well for the spacesaver and there is a bigger well underneath that takes a full size wheel - big enough for a 16 anyway which is what are on mine.

Call me a dinosaur if you like but no way am I driving round relying on a polo mint or a tin of goo get me home!

Yup proper spare will not fit in the 8th gen well,one of the negatives with it,i bought the space saver wheel as the foam is just a bad idea.

Space saver wheel from Honda is about £155,not needed mine so far thankfully.

HI Guys, In reply to subsequent posts - The car was recovered on Friday afternoon but by the time it got to the dealer their compound was closed so it was delivered on Saturday - had to check myself to make sure but nothing doing on the tyre front due to service department not working on a Saturday. Weird thing is I had actually checked with the dealer that day as part of a ring round as I wanted to replace both back rubbers and they were one of the few in Aberdeen to havre the tyres in stock. Have spoken to them this morning and they are fixing the problem and ordering me a spacesaver so should be picking the car up tomorrow, at no point was a loan car offered.

Hi Folks

First post- I have a 8th gen 2.4Ex Auto tourer. It's our third Accord Tourer (after two 2.2i-cdti 7thGen). '08 in Blue, with loads of toys and flappy paddles. Lovely car to drive.

We've also got another diesel estate (pointy star - on Bonnet, sorry guys!) and the Accord only does 5-6K pa. The Accord is know as the "slow one" in our house!

After having turbo problems with both of the previous i-cdti (big bills!) we've gone back to a petrol. Hopefully back to full Honda reliability.

Tony

Welcome to TA