What's new

2 favours please . . .

Paul Smith

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type S
Anyone have a picture/diagram of the CL9 gearbox in situ?

Changing the oil at the weekend as I used to change the gearbox oil in my Accord Type R regularly, haven't changed the Type S yet :blush:

Secondly, changing all the bulbs at the weekend and I need to change the rear number plate bulbs. Agian, I haven't looked, so is there a requirement to remove any trim ( external or internal ).

Thanks in advance for any ***istance.

Anyone have a picture/diagram of the CL9 gearbox in situ?

Changing the oil at the weekend as I used to change the gearbox oil in my Accord Type R regularly, haven't changed the Type S yet :blush:

Secondly, changing all the bulbs at the weekend and I need to change the rear number plate bulbs. Agian, I haven't looked, so is there a requirement to remove any trim ( external or internal ).

Thanks in advance for any ***istance.

Not sure what you mean in situ? As you face the car, the gearbox is to the right of the engine bay??

Re the bulbs, nope they should pop out with a screwdriver and cloth.

Gear box is to the right of the engine.
There is a small ( 1/2 inch square fill hole in the top ) use a socket set extension bar to undo it ;).
Drain is easy to find. Again on near side of gear box about an inch up from the bottom.

Paul if your car is a saloon then the number plate lamps are very easy.
1st lift the boot up and you will see a plastic trim around the lights.It will be coloured the same as the car.
Gently prize this off with a small flat bladed screwdriver wrapped in a cloth to protect the trim.
Once this is removed use the same screwdriver to unclip the light unit from the boot.
Then it's just a matter of pulling out the lamp and fitting everything back in reverse order.

Gear box is to the right of the engine.
There is a small ( 1/2 inch square fill hole in the top ) use a socket set extension bar to undo it ;).
Drain is easy to find. Again on near side of gear box about an inch up from the bottom.
not sure if the petrol version is different. I think the fill plug is on the side.

you can fill through teh breather at the top if you're doin diy job with no ramp, or you can use the fill hole on the side if you're using a ramp. The drain is the most lower bolt hole that needs to be opened with a 3/8 head im sure. The filler is right above it.