What's new

2005 2.2 CDTI Estate Intermittent Central locking.

toys19

Reaction score
Car
2005 Accord Tourer
Remote works intermittently, for 5 or 6 presses then doesn't work for days on end. Has been like this for 2 years..
So we resorted to using the key on the lock, but now the lock has seized up? No amount of lube will free it. (This is a different issue first I want to fix the remote issue)
I have two key fobs, I have replaced batteries in both.
Alarm works -so on the rare occasion that the key fob works, if I lock myself in using the keyfob, and then unlock using the door master switch, the alarm goes off. Then the key fob does not work and I have to keep pressing it until it does. I found walking away and coming back to the car seems to work, probs coincidence....
I suspected the actuator in drivers door, but the drivers side central locking switch by the window switches works, so it seem the actuators all working.
I am wondering if its the MICU? Where is this?
edit - I wonder is it this IMOES unit shown on lings - 120quid. item 12 Part no 35750-SEG-E03?? I still do not know where it is.

At the moment we leave the car unlocked all the time as no remote and the door lock is seized …

Last edited:
I also cannot get my key into the lock.....goes in a little then is stuck.I have tried lube but has not freed it off.
I wonder if the driver door lock is a common problem? I haven't bothered to strip it down as my keyfob works fine for now.

It started off like that, would not go in, of lube and then it would go in, when it was in it worked/turned fine. Now I can get it in easily, but it won't turn.

It does sound like we both have failed cylinders.I think i have found a couple of replacement options on ebay.They are both sold by chinese sellers but are cheap and include 1 and 2 keys respectively.
I will remove door card in next couple of days so i can make sure they are a match.
The cylinder i think is the correct part says its for the accord 03-08 but saloon 4 door.I cant imagine honda made different locking components for the saloon and the tourer....surely the same across the range? Probably the FRV civic etc too?
Anyway ill try identify part asap.

Linky?
I still need to fix my remote issue...

I noticed too they list for driver/left hand drive cars and like you i would have bought one and converted it.It could be possible to remove the cylinder core and transfer to your own i dunno?
Anyway while i was working on car today i eased in some 3in1 oil into lock and i managed to free the pins up so it works as it should.
I would guess its the first time the keys ever been in the lock lol they just dont get used when you have the remote.
Sorry i cant help with the latter as mines always worked fine and on every car ive owned up to now,sure someone here can help you out.

I noticed too they list for driver/left hand drive cars and like you i would have bought one and converted it.It could be possible to remove the cylinder core and transfer to your own i dunno?
Anyway while i was working on car today i eased in some 3in1 oil into lock and i managed to free the pins up so it works as it should.
I would guess its the first time the keys ever been in the lock lol they just dont get used when you have the remote.
Sorry i cant help with the latter as mines always worked fine and on every car ive owned up to now,sure someone here can help you out.

I had some local toerag - out of the many - damage the drivers door lock a couple of years ago, a real ***** since it was aboout the time I was charging up the battery indoors on some nights ( if you accidentally shut the bonnet after taking the battery out you're royally screwed).

I also get the intermittent keyfob failure, probably due to damp inside the car, but found the fob is most sensitive nearest the passenger door. close to the mirror.
I have tried the second fob with new battery and its the same so is not down to external factors.

Drive around with windows open as often as possible, which seems to help, but it does get nippy in the car with no heating. I might start leaving a bag of rice in there, but I hate wasting food so I wonder if I can cook it afterwards.

I still love my Accord Tourer though.

I love mine too, despite the vast dent down the side my wife got in a car park with no witnesses...
Is the receiver behind the glovebox then?

I still love my Accord Tourer though.
Dito! I have a much newer ford diesel as my daily workhorse,it gets absolutely what it needs n no more.My tourer gets all the tlc lol
As for dampness it can become a real headache in an older car,especially with electrics.I have been a little lazy this winter just parking it on the front street,where as previous two winters i had it parked on driveway at rear of house.Any day i didn't use it i ran the 2kw fan heater every evening to ward off damp....this winter ive neglected this and of course it gets damp and very wet above roof headliner.
Couple of salt buckets might help.

So my question is where is the receiver? I want to get in there and see whats what.

The thread linked above none of the pictures or refs work and the references are for different car.

Last edited:
I can see what seems to be the receiver on ebay.Take a look to give you an idea what to look for.As for location another site shows the left hand drive (sedan) with it located in driver door with power window module.I would have expected it be somewhere high up buried behind dash but seems not.
If you dont fancy stripping door down to find out just phone your local honda parts dept.They have quick access to all the car component locations.Ive done this many times over the years to find stuff on cars without having to rip it apart lol

Post 14 onwards has the information, here endeth the spoonfeeding.
Yeah thanks for your help. Its not really spoonfeeding is it, unfortunately its for a different vehicle, I've gone through the thread twice and tried to track down the links, it isn't the same as my car. I wonder is there anyone on here who knows where the remote receiver is?

I can see what seems to be the receiver on ebay.Take a look to give you an idea what to look for.As for location another site shows the left hand drive (sedan) with it located in driver door with power window module.I would have expected it be somewhere high up buried behind dash but seems not.
If you dont fancy stripping door down to find out just phone your local honda parts dept.They have quick access to all the car component locations. Ive done this many times over the years to find stuff on cars without having to rip it apart lol
I've already started stripping the door, so if its in there I'll find out.

The lings diag for my model doesn't show an MICU only the imoes thing I mentioned in my first post.

I will phone local Honda on monday, good tip.