What's new

2006 2.4vtec air sensor fault codes, help appreciated

raffy

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006 2.4l Exec Auto
Hi folks, I'm after some advice please..I recently picked up a 2006 2.4 vtec auto saloon with 72k on the clock...was running great for a couple of hundred motorway miles..I then went and changed the air filter for peace of mind (old one was manky) and after another 60 miles the dreaded EML came on...after plugging in my OBD reader I get the following:

U0122 - Lost comms with dynamic control module (not the garage who sold me the car replaced a wheel speed sensor recently as the VSA light was coming on, since then the VSA warning hasn't come on so I guess he didn't rest the U0122 ?)

P2A00 - 02 sensor circuit, Bank 1 / sensor 1

P0113 - intake air temp sensor, 1 circuit high

I presume I've maybe upset something when moving the air box...there isn't a MAF close to the air box itself, just a wee sensor plugged into the pipe closest to the engine..all cables there appear ok ...I;ve rest the codes and when starting the engine no warnings are up...I'll take it for a decent run but any ideas if any of the warnings come back up ? any sensors need cleaned etc ?
all advice much appreciated
D

Make sure there is no air getting in that will upset the maf readings the o2 is exhaust sensor so make sure you have no leaks both could be linked as a result of one occuring the ecu will run engine lean so it could be exhaust leak, air leak or in worst case both

sent using tapatalk

Cheers Saj, I've checked that the air filter is sitting correctly and air box all tightened up...havn't had a chance to take it for a run yet but after idling for a wee while there's no warnings or errors recorded...I'll get it out over the weekend and fingers crossed its only been a wee wobble..thanks again for the advice

Well 120 motorway miles done and no sign of the EML...fingers crossed it was just the airbox not quite right

Great stuff

sent using tapatalk

I've got a couple hundred more miles to-do this week so that should give it a good go...Cheers again for the help saj

Well I spoke to soon...after about 400 miles of trouble free motorway miles I jumped in the car today..drove a couple of miles down the road and the EML is back...this time just the :

P2A00 - O2 Sensor / Perf Bank 1 Sensor 1

I know the P2A00 code has been mentioned on the forum before but is there any sure fire way I can identify what sensor is possibly on the blink etc ?
Many thanks for your help folks
D

This might help Iv just had irregular revs on my car when in neutral.
Rev the gas and it Would drop to 500 rpm the pick up to normal again after a few seconds.
Iv just cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF spray and all back working fine again.
The code was P0171 bank 1 running leen.

Cheers Brett, I bought some new air box bolts as the old ones were knackered and one wasn't pinching down well at all...if the code reoccurs should I clean the sensor where the engine meets the air pipe or the one fitted to the air pipe? It's a 2006 2.4 btw....thanks again

Hi Brett, I'm afraid I don't have a maf sensor beside the air box, just one sensor at the opposite end of the air pipe (map sensor ?) And another where the pipe connects to the engine

Speaking to my friendly mechanic over the phone its sounding like the Bank 1 Sensor 1 is getting a bit tired (car has 72k miles)...mechanic reckons it could be the heater element not doing its job so well.....can anyone please confirm the location of the sensor and suggestions/part numbers of where I can get a replacement please ?. I'm happy to try and replace it myself...all advice always appreciated !

Righto, I have a part number for the O2 sensor that could be on the blink...Denso 36531 RBB003 (DOX-1424)..coming in at about £90-100 (hpnda wants over £200 !)...I've done about 100 motorway miles since I reset the code yesterday and no lights at the moment....I'l keep running it but have a look underneath for any issues with the sensor wiring, exhaust blow etc...anything else I should look out for guys ? and of course if I'm barking up the wrong tree please let me know ! cheers again for your help