What's new

2006 Accord Tourer Type S parasitic battery drain - Fuse 6

1dav989

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Tourer Type S
Hi all, I'm after some advice, my car is doing my head in!

I've got a drain on the car and it doesn't last left more than 3 days without going flat. I've done some tests and know for sure that Fuse 6 under the dash is the one that contains the problem...a quick search on here gives the list of things that the fuse covers:

6 10A WHT/BLU Driver's door courtesy light, Front passenger's door courtesy light, Individual map lights, Driver's vanity mirror light, Passenger's vanity mirror light, Ceiling light (With sunroof), Audio unit (+B), Right cargo area light, Left cargo area light, Power tailgate inner switch light

I've tried to locate the problem by having all the interior lights on, turning each one off at a time, watching the reading go down as each one is turned off....but at the end, with everything off I still have a 200 milliamp drain. If i pull the fuse out, it drops to zero...the only bits I'm not sure of from the list above, is the Audio Unit (+B) and then Power tailgate inner light switch - can anyone advise where I can find the connections to pull on each of these to see if one of them is the culprit? I'm running out of ideas, and I thought (hoped!) it would be easy to sort once I had narrowed the problem down to fuse 6.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Dave

ooo, I hope you get an answer. I have a drain on my battery too but have not been clever enough to narrow it down. I fitted a towbar, twisted the wires together (so to speak) and likewise a 48hr drain, but cant remember if I had it before. I fitted a rather fiddly under bonnet isolater to the battery for when I can remember to use it. Good luck.

The only light on the powered tailgate I can think of is the one that backlights the tailgate close switch, that is under the bottom lip (on right hand side) of the tailgate so only accessible when it's open. Undo one screw and that should pull out with the actual connecting wires I think.

Have you checked the wiring schematic for your car, they will be in the service manual in my signature.

My top lcd display with clock and radio info has been flickering on and off. Looking up the fault I've stumbled across posts where people have had a fault similar to yours and it was the factory head unit and or the top lcd panel. I think those ones were due to a cold solder joint.
Also check the Bluetooth module there is a video on YouTube where he removes the module as it was staying on and draining the battery.
Imagine this could be audio +b.

ooo, I hope you get an answer. I have a drain on my battery too but have not been clever enough to narrow it down. I fitted a towbar, twisted the wires together (so to speak) and likewise a 48hr drain, but cant remember if I had it before. I fitted a rather fiddly under bonnet isolater to the battery for when I can remember to use it. Good luck.
I don't think I've ever managed to do some diy electric installation and not have a battery problem afterwards....but then once upon a time I fitted a stereo for my brother in his beetle and he had to bail out on the motorway when smoke started to fill the back of the car :D:eek:

The only light on the powered tailgate I can think of is the one that backlights the tailgate close switch, that is under the bottom lip (on right hand side) of the tailgate so only accessible when it's open. Undo one screw and that should pull out with the actual connecting wires I think.

Have you checked the wiring schematic for your car, they will be in the service manual in my signature.
ok cheers will take a look and see if I can find that light in the tailgate, I dont recall one every coming on in that area, so maybe it is faulty!

My top lcd display with clock and radio info has been flickering on and off. Looking up the fault I've stumbled across posts where people have had a fault similar to yours and it was the factory head unit and or the top lcd panel. I think those ones were due to a cold solder joint.
Also check the Bluetooth module there is a video on YouTube where he removes the module as it was staying on and draining the battery.
Imagine this could be audio +b.
Thanks for this! Yeah my top lcd has been flickering lately, so I have already tried that one, but the battery problem has been going on much longer. I disconnected the lcd display but panicked about pulling any more of the dash apart. Will def have a go at getting to the head unit as well to try ruling that out. Will see if I can find that video, as I've now heard a number of people talk about the bluetooth module problem, but for some reason I thought that ran off a different fuse (although makes sense maybe that is the 'audio +b' for bluetooth) - hopefully one of these will be the culprit!

The only known and very common parasitic battery drain issue on these cars is caused by a faulty Bluetooth module. Just unplug it or replace it.