What's new

2008 Accord CU1 front and rear brake discs/pads

civicric84

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord CU1
Hi,

I am planning on changing my brake discs and pads soon as they are due to be replaced.. Particularly because the discs are corroded. I haven't had much trouble finding the correct size and fitment for the front discs, which appear to be 296mm in diameter.

However, I am finding it more difficult to find the correct size for the rear discs. On this site: http://www.ebc-online.co.uk/ebc_brakes/HONDA/Accord/2009/2.0 it says that the rears are the same size as the front. But on this site: http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/ it gives 2 options for diameter, both completely different as mentioned previously.

Does anyone know the correct size for front and rear discs?

Also can anyone recommend good aftermarket discs and pads which are not overly expensive? Or is it best to stick with Honda/OEM? What is best place to buy aftermarket discs/pads from?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard.

The 2 sizes of rear discs is to do with the 2 types of handbrakes I think.

Some 8th gens have a handbrake lever on the disk caliper, (probably a smaller disc), other 8th gens have small brake shoes within the hub for the handbrake a la BMW handbrakes, so this probably needs a bigger disc.

Only way to tell is to have a good look at the back brakes.

Are you sure they need replacing, they all rust. My car has just had new fronts at Honda for £270, backs are ok still at 72k miles.

I'm not sure which one i have so will have to have a look.

Just confused as one site is saying that they are the same size as front and the other site has 2 completely different sizes. That means potentially there are 3 sizes??

The discs are corroded around outside and have been advised they need replacing. I can post pictures and see what you guys think.

Are the front discs 296mm?

Also call our sponsor holdcroft honda and speak to the parts guys, they do us a good discount and free postage, so you might be able to get geniune honda brakes at a good price. If you quote your reg no or VIN they can tell you the sizes you need.

Iv just replaced the rear pads on mine discs are fine I paid £48 inc vat for the rear pads the front have plenty on still.mine has on board shoes for hand brake which can be more expensive my car has 60k on it wouldn't say I drive it really hard tbf

I replaced the pads on my old 7 series the other week and cause I went aftermarket they squeak when comin to a stop some aftermarket pads might be fine some rant really

I used oem pads in the Honda mainly cause it's my daily the Bmw is a weekend motor so didn't want to splash out to much on it really

I'm thinking if going OEM and will be giving HH tomorrow. Dies any one have this discount code. If I give them my reg they will know what discs will fit my car?

Thanks,

Richard.

Just spoke with HH and for discs front and rear and pads front and rear they are charging £242.98 which I thought was very good. Does any one know the amount if discount they apply

Yeah I double checked and that was free delivery.

That link looks like those parts are over priced but making it look like they are a good deal with the offers