What's new

2011 Facelift worth seeking out?

Russj

Reaction score
Car
Saab 9/5
Hi All, just joined the forum and need some advice.
I'm looking to buy an Accord Tourer EX automatic and wondered if the changes made for the 2011 facelift makes it worth paying more for a later car?
As far as I can see, the overall spec seems to have changed very little over the years.

All advice gratefully received!

Russ

Changes on the 8th Gen face lift are very minor. They tweeked the engine to be less fuel hungry, and added some little bits of chrome here and there.

I would advise test driving the auto as imo the 5 speed auto is by far the worst i have driven and makes a modern car feel very dated.

One of the best improvements in the facelift is the new grill and clear headlight lenses for the indicators.
But you always have the option with the sports grill like mine if you don't have lane ***ist.

Hi Russel and welcome. Imo I would go for the facelift as it has several improvements including mechanical. It will also be worth more long run and just generally will look more up-to-date. In terms of gearbox I would always recommend a manual in a Honda. I just don't think Honda build a reliable auto box that can last long term. The Germans imo do good auto boxes and for that reason I would recommend the manual box. Plus you will have no issues selling the car, manual model is always more desirable and worth a little more imo. That's my thoughts anyway

Hi Russel and welcome. Imo I would go for the facelift as it has several improvements including mechanical. It will also be worth more long run and just generally will look more up-to-date. In terms of gearbox I would always recommend a manual in a Honda. I just don't think Honda build a reliable auto box that can last long term. The Germans imo do good auto boxes and for that reason I would recommend the manual box. Plus you will have no issues selling the car, manual model is always more desirable and worth a little more imo. That's my thoughts anyway

just to say that i have had a 2009 accord auto diesel for almost 12months now, bought second hand from a dealer and have had no problems. when i first had it (its my first car with auto box) i thought i would struggle to get used to it, but now i love it...... only issue is fuel economy, its probably about 10/15 percent less return than a manual. my personal returns are 42 to 48 on a run (motorway/dual carraigeway 80mph) and around 38/40 used around town. one very important point is the diesel fuel particulate filter... avoid constant short journeys or apparantely problems will occur.... i use my car mainly on longer trips and have had no such problems. otherwise petrol engine model would be a must.