What's new

2011 honda Accord V6 Coupe backup camera

Dreusmc

Members
Reaction score
Car
2011 Honda V6 Coupe
I have been checking out how to install a backup camera on a 2011 Honda Accord V6 Coupe since the sedans comes with one. I looked on Ebay and found a navigation interface that works great. The cost was 200.00 including shipping and you can also watch movies too. I have a video on You Tube if you want to check it out, type in dreusmc41 and look in my videos.

Been searching all over the place for someone who have done it to their 2011.

I saw this one ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-2008-08-09-10-11-NAV-VIDEO-INTERFACE-TV-/250932079567?pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6cb7abcf

Not sure if it's the same one.

Can you share more info on installation and how you mounted the camera? Is it a simple plug and play?

Been searching all over the place for someone who have done it to their 2011.

I saw this one ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-ACCORD-2008-08-09-10-11-NAV-VIDEO-INTERFACE-TV-/250932079567?pt=Car_Audio_Video&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6cb7abcf

Not sure if it's the same one.

Can you share more info on installation and how you mounted the camera? Is it a simple plug and play?
Yes, this the one I purchased and yesterday I purchase some RCA cables of Ebay for my IPhone so I can watch videos and movies. I have a separate
Blue tooth device so it will go through my stereo. I took off the inside plastic cover that's over the trunk latch in the trunk. I really didn't want to drill a hole and found the license plate wiring going through a grommet. I unwrapped the tape, spit open and ran my cord through that and taped back up. I took off left
Side of cover to get to reverse light and spliced in and left extra cord under cover. I also took blue camera wire off interface and tied together with camera wire, almost forgot to say that. You take the pin connector from DVD unit and plug into interface and interface pin connector into DVD unit. I extended my toggle switch so I can mount up front and installed in little compartment above heated seat switches. Back to camera, I mounted to the left of license plate light.

Yes, this the one I purchased and yesterday I purchase some RCA cables of Ebay for my IPhone so I can watch videos and movies. I have a separate
Blue tooth device so it will go through my stereo. I took off the inside plastic cover that's over the trunk latch in the trunk. I really didn't want to drill a hole and found the license plate wiring going through a grommet. I unwrapped the tape, spit open and ran my cord through that and taped back up. I took off left
Side of cover to get to reverse light and spliced in and left extra cord under cover. I also took blue camera wire off interface and tied together with camera wire, almost forgot to say that. You take the pin connector from DVD unit and plug into interface and interface pin connector into DVD unit. I extended my toggle switch so I can mount up front and installed in little compartment above heated seat switches. Back to camera, I mounted to the left of license plate light.

That is a lot of work. Doesn't the video interface have RCA input/output? Plug into DVD unit and plug camera in and voila?

That is a lot of work. Doesn't the video interface have RCA input/output? Plug into DVD unit and plug camera in and voila?
It has two video inputs, video 1 is for hooking your device up to and video 2 is for backup camera. Video 1 has a toggle switch to switch from nav to video watching. video 2 overrides both when you put vehicle in reverse. There are no video outs, signal go through pin connector. Yes it may be a lot of work, just running the wires, but I think the outcome is worth it. On the interface, you have the 12v power to accessories and black ground. Then there is a blue wire for camera and a white ground, just tied together with black ground. Then you have the red and Black from camera, tied both camera wires together.

It has two video inputs, video 1 is for hooking your device up to and video 2 is for backup camera. Video 1 has a toggle switch to switch from nav to video watching. video 2 overrides both when you put vehicle in reverse. There are no video outs, signal go through pin connector. Yes it may be a lot of work, just running the wires, but I think the outcome is worth it. On the interface, you have the 12v power to accessories and black ground. Then there is a blue wire for camera and a white ground, just tied together with black ground. Then you have the red and Black from camera, tied both camera wires together.

excellent job. would be nice to see how you mounted your camera. ;)

Hey dreusmc. My interface and camera arrived today and I'm sitting here very confused about the wires lol.

I have the 12v with two split ends, black ground ties with white and then tap it to what?

The other black ties with blue and tap it to license plate light?

On the camera, thick red goes to my reverse light, black is ground, and the thin red is not needed right?

Oh and one more thing, what does the toggle switch do?

Hey dreusmc. My interface and camera arrived today and I'm sitting here very confused about the wires lol.

I have the 12v with two split ends, black ground ties with white and then tap it to what?

The other black ties with blue and tap it to license plate light?

On the camera, thick red goes to my reverse light, black is ground, and the thin red is not needed right?

Oh and one more thing, what does the toggle switch do?
Sorry to to back so late, the toggle switch is for Switching from Video 1 to 2, have to switch if you wan to hook up a video source.

Dreusmc- I just received my NAVIKS unit today and I have two installation questions. What wire did you connect the 12v power wire to? I am hoping to find a 12v acc wire in the trunk area. Did you mount the NAVIKS box to the top of the trunk?
- Thanks for posting the great videos on youtube.

I just finished the install of the NAVIK system on my 2011 Accord V6 coupe. I recorded a video the installation process as well as creating a simple wiring diagram. The install was pretty straight forward. Great Product! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Here is my wiring diagram:
navikwiring.jpg

Here is the link to my install video on youtube:
Youtube video