What's new

2011 Types S Accord clutch

Type S Davy

Reaction score
Car
2011 Accord Type S
Hi, I am new to this forum and from Ireland, couldn't find anything based here but just looking for advice. I recently bought a 2011 Type S accord with 160000 on the clock, recently on two occasions my clutch pedal has gone down but not come back up only by me having to push it back up with my foot. The clutch doesn't slip and biting point seems fine but in saying that I have zero knowledge mechanically. I have also recently noticed a slight judder when taking off in first from cold and from what I gather online seems like it could be the flywheel too? Clutch pedal also squeaks and clicks if anyone has any information on what it could be I would appreciate it.
I had a 03 1.4 civic for eight years and decided to progress to the accord, I absolutely love the car and I do know clutch replacement is expensive but I just want the car driving right so I can enjoy it, do people have any advice regarding getting a clutch for the type s if it needs replacing will a normal 2.2idtec clutch do or am I getting way ahead of myself and its something smaller? Thanks in advance.

David.

Hi David,

most likely your master cylinder needs lubrication. Use molykote grease and a syringe with some thin tubing (like electrical earth sleeve) to push it into the gap where the clutch pedal rod is and keep pressing the clutch till it all goes in. Just pack as much in as you can. Don’t use any other type of grease and especially don’t use wd40.

Hi David,

most likely your master cylinder needs lubrication. Use molykote grease and a syringe with some thin tubing (like electrical earth sleeve) to push it into the gap where the clutch pedal rod is and keep pressing the clutch till it all goes in. Just pack as much in as you can. Don’t use any other type of grease and especially don’t use wd40.
Thanks very much, I will try that first. I was thinking off getting the car remapped here and was informed the first map will being it 210bhp,i know your the man for mapping these by reading through the site, does that sound about right to you? Thanks again.