What's new

2015 Accord iDTEC Radiator replacement

Trippy

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.2
Hi Guys,

New to the forum and owned an Accord for the past 9 months. Had the usual DPF issues that most of us have had, but I've got a leaky hose on the top of the radiator which is causing the latest issue. You can see some coolant residue on the fans below etc.

I need to get a replacement radiator, but I don't seem to be able to find an exact replacement part, other than potentially £600 from Honda. I bought a 3rd party rad from Autodoc. When the mechanics got it out the box they immediately saw that the radiator I'd bought had 3 hoses on top and my car rad has 4 hoses at the top.

I have even had a hunt around on eBay for seemingly genuine Honda radiators, but they all seem to have 3 hoses at the top rather than 4.

Any ideas? I can share some photos if it would help.

Cheers.

Here's the top of my radiator where the repair was carried out. Its leaking and I can't carry on driving it like this so looking for a replacement radiator. Where the repair has been carried out, does it look as though a hose connection should be there? When I look elsewhere for a 3rd party radiator none of them have a hose connection in that location.IMG_8590 Copy.jpg

From my research online it looks as though for some reason the radiator in my car is a 19010RL0G02 and all of the parts I find online are a 19010RL0G01, which is slightly different. Not sure if this is something to do with air con or whatever.

If anyone knows where I can find a cheaper 19010RL0G02 than the £666 I'm being quoted for a genuine one, please let me know!

EPC lists 19010-RL0-305 as compatible as well if that helps, Cox has a genuine G02 for £595 but I can't see any used ones. Breakers would be your best bet.

Cheers mate, thanks for the response. Looks as though it has the same issue as the one I purchased previously. It's missing a hose at that same location where the repair was carried out on my existing one.

Cox is the supplier I've been quoted by so far.

Any Honda breakers that you know of?

Just had another look, seems like that hose should be plugged into the overflow tank rather than the radiator. Might be some shoddy repair job going on here.s-l1600.jpg

Just had another look, seems like that hose should be plugged into the overflow tank rather than the radiator. Might be some shoddy repair job going on here.View attachment 839

Hey mate, thanks for the response. I think it does connect to the overflow tank, it's just housed inside the top of the radiator.

IMG_8592.jpg

Although I see what you mean about there being an additional pipe that connects between the coolant overflow.

Best you could do is shoot an email directly to Cox and see what they say about it. Their customer support has always been extremely helpful for me.
Another thing I spotted is that the overflow tank for sedan (CU chassis) has only one connection just like yours however another one pulled from a wagon (CW chassis) has two so this might be something worth investigating.
s-l1200.jpg
000000393581.jpg

Best you could do is shoot an email directly to Cox and see what they say about it. Their customer support has always been extremely helpful for me.
Another thing I spotted is that the overflow tank for sedan (CU chassis) has only one connection just like yours however another one pulled from a wagon (CW chassis) has two so this might be something worth investigating.
View attachment 841
View attachment 842

Ok thanks for the heads up. I've already been in contact directly with Cox and they have confirmed they can supply the exact replacement part that would have been fitted as new. I think the coolant reservoir is the normal CU sedan version.

I think I just have to bite the bullet and pay for the genuine part as I can't find a used part anywhere.

Whilst I have your attention, have you managed a solution for recurring DPF issues? I've seen a remapping/EGR bypass/DPF removal service from Premier Tuning mentioned. Does this help with recurring DPF problems and do cars still safely get through MOTs?

Whilst I have your attention, have you managed a solution for recurring DPF issues? I've seen a remapping/EGR bypass/DPF removal service from Premier Tuning mentioned. Does this help with recurring DPF problems and do cars still safely get through MOTs?
No idea mate, can't help you with that as mine is a 2.4 petrol.