What's new

6 Gen Autobox query

Zerotonine

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 iCDTi
Where are the weak spots on the 6th gen automatic gearbox? I suspect mine may have a leak, but the box has only done 60k. The box looks all clean, just has a small amount of oil on it. The supplying garage told me they topped it up before sale, and when they checked it quickly this morning (the guy was on his own and his ramp was occupied by a lesser vehicle) he said it was still on the max mark. Is it possible that it has been slightly overfilled and found its way out of the dipstick region? The whole engine area and box looks factory clean so I am a little stumped. It isn't engine oil befroe anyone asks as it has a red tone to it.

Where are the weak spots on the 6th gen automatic gearbox? I suspect mine may have a leak, but the box has only done 60k. The box looks all clean, just has a small amount of oil on it. The supplying garage told me they topped it up before sale, and when they checked it quickly this morning (the guy was on his own and his ramp was occupied by a lesser vehicle) he said it was still on the max mark. Is it possible that it has been slightly overfilled and found its way out of the dipstick region? The whole engine area and box looks factory clean so I am a little stumped. It isn't engine oil befroe anyone asks as it has a red tone to it.

The trans fluid you see on the outside of the box by the dipstick could have been spilled when it was being topped up. The dipstick hole which acts as the filler isn't the easiest thing to get to. If it shifts as it should, then I wouldn't worry about it. To put your mind at ease, clean the fluid you can see and see if any more reappears after a few days use.