What's new

6th Gen Accord Coupe seat problem

Sphinx_T

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen Accord
Hi all, I'm having another niggle with the car and hope you can help.

It's a coupe and has an electric drivers seat; there's a lever on the side to allow entry in the rear (no sniggering). When you push the lever, the seat back folds forward but it doesn't disengage from the runners, so the the seat doesn't move forward. This can't be normal can it?

Also, the passenger seat is fully manual, again with a lever for rear seat passengers. When you pull the lever, everything works as it should but the seat doesn't 'remember' what position is was in before. So when you go to latch it back, it sets in the default position and you need to adjust it again.

I've had a good look around underneath them while playing with levers and buttons etc and it all looks 'free', and all the levers feel like they're attached to things (they feel firm, with some spring to them), but things just aren't working as I'd expect.

Any help much appreciated.

Hi all, I'm having another niggle with the car and hope you can help.

It's a coupe and has an electric drivers seat; there's a lever on the side to allow entry in the rear (no sniggering). When you push the lever, the seat back folds forward but it doesn't disengage from the runners, so the the seat doesn't move forward. This can't be normal can it?

Also, the passenger seat is fully manual, again with a lever for rear seat passengers. When you pull the lever, everything works as it should but the seat doesn't 'remember' what position is was in before. So when you go to latch it back, it sets in the default position and you need to adjust it again.

I've had a good look around underneath them while playing with levers and buttons etc and it all looks 'free', and all the levers feel like they're attached to things (they feel firm, with some spring to them), but things just aren't working as I'd expect.

Any help much appreciated.

This is exactly how mine behaves. It's a bit rubbish isn't it - but functioining correctly nonetheless! It's a coupe - they clearly devoted only a tiny percentage of their brain power to rear seat passengers entry and egress!

Thanks Jason!
Glad to hear it's a ***** design and not something else I have to fix lol

Thanks Jason!
Glad to hear it's a ***** design and not something else I have to fix lol
Tell us more about your Coupe. There's not many of us Coupe owners on here ( < 10 I think)! Is it a 2.0 or a 3.0? Pleased with it?

Hi Jason,

It's a manual 2.0i ES, funny story (well, I think so...) I've had an early 5th gen saloon a couple of cars/years ago and then more recently I got a 6th Gen Saloon Exec which I really liked. I buy and sell cars as a hobby so once I was done with the saloon I started looking for another car. One weekend I went to view a couple, couldn't find anything, scoured ebay etc and then on the drive to work Monday morning I saw this 6th gen Coupe on the corner by work with a for sale sign in the window. I went and looked at it and thought 'yep! that'll do nicely!' so I bought it the next day.
I thought it was a great deal but as is the way with my cars (and the deeper you look), it had a few problems, first of which was a leaky fuel tank when brimmed. Long story short, but check my threads on here to see lots of pics. I've also recently fixed the headlining as one of the sunroof drainage tubes had leaked previously. Overall it's not been as stress free as my normal Honda experience, but then I'm a bit of a perfectionist lol