What's new

6th Gen PAS pipes/line

Sphinx_T

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen Accord
Hi all.

As some of you may know, I've recently asked if there's any alternative to genuine PAS fluid...turns out there isn't. So I bought some and topped it up, not surprisingly I've now found the leak:
On the PAS rack there are two steel lines that connect at the 'knuckle', and one of them passes through a bracket which has subsequently chafed and made it rust. The only way forward is to drop the subframe and get proper access to all the pipework and replace what's needed.

This bring me onto my question: Are these dealer only parts or does anyone know anywhere else I can get them? The one that's gone is a steel pipe that joins to a rubber hose that connects to the top of the pump; all one piece and rather expensive.

Any help much appreciated.

Tom im sure there was a case like this hear before i will try and dig the thread out.
If i cant find anything there are plenty of 6th gen owners hear that can help.

Ive noticed mine don't look too clever either, no leaks yet though :blush:

Thanks Brett, any more information will be much appreciated.

Andrew, you might want to start praying lol I'm sure it's possible to replace the pipe without dropping the subframe but there are a couple of brackets held on with bolts that look like they aren't coming off without a fight, so I figured it best in the long run to just get it all off and accessible. Plus I noticed the subframe itself looks a bit crusty in one particular area so I want to check that out too.

Hi all.

As some of you may know, I've recently asked if there's any alternative to genuine PAS fluid...turns out there isn't. So I bought some and topped it up, not surprisingly I've now found the leak:
On the PAS rack there are two steel lines that connect at the 'knuckle', and one of them passes through a bracket which has subsequently chafed and made it rust. The only way forward is to drop the subframe and get proper access to all the pipework and replace what's needed.

This bring me onto my question: Are these dealer only parts or does anyone know anywhere else I can get them? The one that's gone is a steel pipe that joins to a rubber hose that connects to the top of the pump; all one piece and rather expensive.

Hi all.

Metal pipework is a very weak point with these cars, the pipe work rusted through on my PAS near the pump, lost all the fluid. I took it to my local garage and they made a piece up and fitted at a very reasonable price.
Check your PAS cooler pipe, it sits in front of the radiators, you may be horrified! You may be able to save it with dinitrol treatment...other treatments are available
Regards
Rod

Sorry I missed this thread :blush: glad you got it sorted though :) I have spare cooler pipes, so if anyone gets stuck in future drop me a P.M