What's new

6x9 wire adapter

Uncle_Gravy

Members
Reaction score
Car
09 Accord CU2 Manual
Hey, anyone got a link to a wire adapter for the 6x9s, I bought a pair of Vibe Slick 69.2 V4s for a steal price, So..Yea.

Thanks.

Sorry, Yeah, the speakers for the parcel shelf, bought some replacements for a good price, still need to get myself a socket set to remove the old ones, and also need a wire adapter as i believe the oem wire in place is not gonna work.

I'm just having trouble finding the one I need and hoping someone could point me in the right direction, sorry for the confusion.

Uncle_Gravy said:
Sorry, Yeah, the speakers for the parcel shelf, bought some replacements for a good price, still need to get myself a socket set to remove the old ones, and also need a wire adapter as i believe the oem wire in place is not gonna work.

I'm just having trouble finding the one I need and hoping someone could point me in the right direction, sorry for the confusion.
LOL... it's just us old non-musical types that were confused!

If I hadn't lend my workshop manual t someone I'd have a look for the relevant wiring diagram... maybe freddofrog can look in his for you (he's much cleverer than me and can post these things on the interweb).

Yes the 'adaptors' are called wire cutters. Cut the end off the existing wire, leaving some cable spare to rejoin them in the future if you need to. Bare the wires and crimp on the relevant size crimps for the speaker terminals.

Jon_G said:
LOL... it's just us old non-musical types that were confused!

If I hadn't lend my workshop manual t someone I'd have a look for the relevant wiring diagram... maybe freddofrog can look in his for you (he's much cleverer than me and can post these things on the interweb).
hey, just because you're a fan of punk rock is no reason to count me in the non-musical cohort :lol:

if you read right through this thread, there's some info that might be relevant http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/18316-honda-accord-2003-executive-speaker-diagram/

Never mind i've butchered the stock wires onto the speakers and it works xD And i'm rubbish with wiring and stuff.

Luckily when I pulled the two wires out the plug it sits in, it has the crimp terminals attached and were the right size to fit over the speaker connectors and hey presto, working speakers, just need to let them bed in and loosen up before I crank the sound up, haven't had the chance to listen to them properly yet so i'll update you guys when I have them going after a few days.