What's new

7th gen 2.2 HFT mic

mikdys

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 EX
Just come across this forum and joined it having been trying to research about DPFs on the 7th gen. Not had the car long and thought I would share this experience in case anyone else has had the "please say again" issue with their HFT/Sat Nav.

I had a Civic with HFT before the Accord (extremely similar system) and my first and second voice commands would usually not be recognised with the third and onwards being accepted. I could live with this, just about, by saying "gobledegook" for the first couple of times (thereby avoiding the system mistakenly shutting down the A/C or swicthing the default language to German which we both favourite respones that it had) and then giving the correct command the third time around. Speaking to people on the HFT was OK from my perspective but people kept telling me that it was hard to hear what I was saying.

However, the Accord took about 20 attempts between getting commands to work and the HFT was completely unusable because of this. After Googling the issue I read a post by an American chap who had similar problems with a new car and who (I think he was an electronics engineer) asked his dealer to change the mic under warranty to cure the issues. After endless argung with the dealer they changed the whole Sat/Nav unit which didn't cure the issue and only then changed the mic and which did.

On the strength of this I bought a new mic from my local Honda dealer (for arounf £130!) and fitted it (easy 5 minute job) to find the problem totally cured, voice recognition working on first attempts, and people being able to hear me clearly on the HFT.

Recommended fix for anyone else experiencing the same problem.

CThanks for the info Mike - sure it will prove to be useful - the HFT can be a tad random.

Think I read somewhere possibly a thread on here about using a Nokia microphone as its the same size. I'm sure its on here with pictures.....

Mines gone to German a couple of times so will see how it goes.

Mine does that too there was also a fix on civinfo where they surrounded the mic with foam to get rid of external noise altho not sure if the Accord will suffer the same as the Civic does.

See this post on using a Nokia Mic :) knew I'd seen it somewhere on here!

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/858-hft-problems/page__fromsearch__1

mine went to German last year i had to reset the system in German and its been fine since

I find with mine that when I say "Redial" it waits and says *# and some random other stuff and then asks if I want to call that number but what really gets me is I can use the voice control for the a/c radio etc and it works fine and understands me :huh:

Mine has exactly the same issues. Back to the dealer with mine methinks. It worked fine when I got the car a couple of weeks ago, then trouble receiving calls, commands stopped working. Now she's started talking German.
Melissa (as she's called) is pulling my ****a :)

Mine has exactly the same issues. Back to the dealer with mine methinks. It worked fine when I got the car a couple of weeks ago, then trouble receiving calls, commands stopped working. Now she's started talking German.
Melissa (as she's called) is pulling my ****a :)

Further to this post I removed the grill where the mics (there is 2, see pic) pulled out the white plug, pushed it back in gave it a quick squirt with some compressed air.........hey presto working as good as new. The cover for the mics really was simple to remove.
just thought I would post this for those with similar issues before paying for repairs.

IMG_0401.JPG