What's new

7th gen aftermartket/OEM upgraded stereo/sat nav

Tdutton

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CTDI
Hi guys,

I have the standard non sat nav stereo unit in my 7th gen and am looking to upgrade to something with sat nav and all the other gizmos. Problem I am finding is the 'OEM' style units available on ebay and the like, although they appear good at first glance I very much doubt the quality due to low price. For example this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Koolertron-2003-2007-Navigation-Multimedia-Touchscreen/dp/B004HHCKDC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403805431&sr=8-1&keywords=koolertron+accord

I would much rather spend a little more and go with good quality brand, e.g. pioneer etc. and with that, here lies my ignorance. I'm not toooo bothered about the new unit looking visually OEM (as that link above does a good effort with), obviously i dont want blazing pink LED's flying around the place, but something with aftermarket apperance but modest will be fine. Do double din units exist that will work with the accord A/C system? obviously removing the existing unit also removes the A/C controls :S

cheers for any help in advance!

I had same lookin head unit in my 04 accord worked really well plus had headrest screens and reverse camera connected to it and it all worked well

was it a diesel you had? I seem to remember reading the unit i linked above doesnt work with the diesel A/C?

Also, where did you get yours from if you dont mind me asking?

I think installing such monitors in headrests would not be a bad idea link