What's new

7th gen facelift flat wiper retrofit

edgeoftime said:
Gone back to OEM blades those flat ones lift off the screen at 90!! LOL
im using bosch and they glue to windscreen the force of air keeps them pressed onto screen lets just say i ahve used at high speds without an issue. Not going to declare speeds here

Just discovered this thread - my old style blades need replacing and the flat blades look much better.

A bit of searching reveals Bosch Aerotwins 650/400 AR141S for £13.99 on ebay so I have ordered a pair - many thanks.

Just bought myself some too although the os wiper arm may not sit quite as flat as the OP upgrade? Either way theyll look much better than the garbage current look so ill look forward to them arriving

Just bought myself some too although the os wiper arm may not sit quite as flat as the OP upgrade? Either way theyll look much better than the garbage current look so ill look forward to them arriving

Just fitted mine and the curvature of the windscreen (petrol saloon) just takes it away from the last 3" of the blade by 2mm or so when resting so no biggie.

Just fitted my aerotwins also and they dont give the flat tidy finish the OP detailed but they are much improved.Id have been happier if the arm had sat around 10mm closer to the screen thus below airflow over bonnet but i can live with the result.I may try again next year when they are due for change again

I got the Michelin ones from Costco. I started out with Bosch. then changed just the rubbers on those but could only find crap rubber - no one sells the decent rubber any longer. The Michelin ones work but don't seem to have a plastic cover for the hinge. It's not that noticeable that they are missing though. The Bosh wipers were a slightly better less floppy rubber.

Whatever happened to the coloured silicone rubbers that were sold everywhere15 years ago..