What's new

7th gen stock 16" alloys

rob141274

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-cdti sport
Hi guys,

Don't know is this is the right area to post this???

Anyway, I have just upgraded the wheels on my car to a nice set of 17s and am planning to sell my stock 16" alloys, they are in immaculate condition with four good tyres (4mm, 6mm, 6mm and 7mm) am planning to stick then in the for sale section but was wondering if you would mind giving me and Idea of what I could expect to ask for them?

Thanks. Rob.

Hi Rob
If you put some pictures up of the actual wheels then we can go from there. Price can only be determined by you and what a buyer is willing to give. Get some pics up and we can go from there.

I will say this though, just like you members are upgrading to 17 to 19" wheels so the 16" wheel will not have a massive following. Have you maybe considered keeping them for winter and putting snow tyres on them. The Accord doesn't like snow anyway so any grip is appreciated

Hi Shabz,

Thanks for the reply, should get some pics up over the weekend.

Point taken on other members, not really thought of running them as snow tyres although couldn't really run two sets of tyres!

Will get the pics up.

Thanks. Rob.

Also consider selling them separate as there good for a full size spare

Good idea Brett, that could be the way forward with these types of wheels

Have a poke around on ebay. When I was looking about this time last year, 16s were going for around £50 for a single and £120 - 150 for a full set. Obviously, condition of the wheels and tyres plays a big part.

Worth bearing in mind that they'll fit other breeds of Honda. They definately fit civics and integras, not sure about anything else.

Thanks for the replies and advice gents.

Will get some photos taken and put on hopefully by the weekend. They are what I describe as like the old pepper pot wheels if you know what I mean?

Hi,

Decided to go out in the cold and take some pictures in the garage!

Now dont want to sound really stupid!!! but how to I import the images???? :unsure:

Thanks

That didnt work then?

That didnt work then?

No, becasue that's the location of your pictures on your desktop. You need to upload them to an image site such as photobucket or flickr (both free) and then link from there.

Look clean, but one of them in the top picture looks more like a bicycle wheel than a pepper pot.

Very nice wheels, best of luck with the sale! But when your selling these I'm guessing your scaling up in size? Just my personal opinion but I wouldn't advise you go for 19's, for me they destroyed the handling of the car. No doubt the look the shiz but I really think they wreck it from a drivers point of view!

Very nice wheels, best of luck with the sale! But when your selling these I'm guessing your scaling up in size? Just my personal opinion but I wouldn't advise you go for 19's, for me they destroyed the handling of the car. No doubt the look the shiz but I really think they wreck it from a drivers point of view!

Its the 35 profile tyres. You have nothing to soak up the bumps. i had 35's on a focus i had and small potholes used to make me cringe. 18s with 40's if you want to keep the car usable.

Thanks

I already have my wheels had Waj's off him, 17" ones off a civic type s will get a picture on my profile soon.

Just need to decide now whether to try and sell them as a set or split them down. But they are in very good condition.

Thanks. Rob.

Hi Rob,

If you do decide to sell as a set - What are the tyres that are on the wheels (make & size), the wheels in the top picture show signs of kerbing, is this deep and are there any other scratches our marks in the lacquer?

Let me know a price & where in the country you are, if you're not too far I could be tempted.

Cheers,
Colin

Fwiw i sold my mint 16 inch sport ( the 5 spoke ones) for £170 on ebay with pirelli tyres that still had good thread. The bloke who bought them wanted them as a winter set.

Stick them on ebay, i reckon you should be able to get more.

Also, i think 17s are spot on for the accord. Good ride, look decent and handle a touch better.

I'm in much the same dilema just now with a set of Saab 17's I have.

Do I sell them individually and maximise my profit but risk ending up with three or one wheel left over. Or sell as a set, get less money, but get them shifted.

I might be thinking of selling my 16's too.

Has good Bridgestone tyres but I might just split tyres and alloys in the hope to make more money?

Aces high

Not sure where you are looking mate but there is no curbing to the alloys at all from what I can think of, I'll check but sure there is no curbing. Treads are 2 x verdestein ultrac cento both with 6mm, 1 x Michelin primacy hp with 4mm and 1 x presto sport with 7mm.

This is not the correct section for items for sale so wont discuss that here but feel free to pm me if your interested I'm in Nottingham

I sold the same alloys last year with very good tyres 7mm x2 and 6mm x2 or just £160.

That was on ebay.