What's new

8th Gen 2.2 Accord Intercooler UPGRADES?

Reaction score
Car
2008 Accord EX GT
Hi Everyone!

Is there a reason that i can hardly find any information about people upgrading their inter coolers on the n22b engine?
i know the type S has a larger inter cooler but a new one of those from Honda is around £1000!!
Or is it that a universal inter cooler job is so legit that no one bother writing an article on the internet about it?
Seems strange when there is such a wide variety of tuning products and websites out there for all our VAG brothers and sisters out there?

Can anyone shed any light for me?

Regards,
Alex T

It's generally recognised that the Honda intercoolers are more than adequate for modest power increase. I've seen plenty of examples of 7th gen Accords and 8th gen Civic diesels with generous front-mounted intercoolers as part of serious (200+ hp) power upgrades, but these always seem to be generic units requiring bespoke pipework and significant clearance fettling.

What other power upgrades are you considering?

edgeoftime said:
iS THAT WHY they cannot get a good out the pit lane??
In his younger days I think he did have more "persuasion" to get things done

cheers Jon_G! Good to know, i think maybe then I'l whip the inter cooler off and clean it out.

edgeoftime, not looking to blow the engine up that would be rather silly, a lower intake temp would be ideal though.

Regards,

Alex T

triscottalex said:
cheers Jon_G! Good to know, i think maybe then I'l whip the inter cooler off and clean it out.

edgeoftime, not looking to blow the engine up that would be rather silly, a lower intake temp would be ideal though.

Regards,

Alex T
Move to scotland? LOL