What's new

8th Gen 2.2 dtec Front Brake pad and disc replacement suggestions

Touching cloth

Members
Reaction score
Car
ACCORD 2.2Dtec Ex GT
I have been told i need to change the pads and discs on my 2008 ex gt. Im after advice for which brand and part number pads and discs to buy.

Secondly can anyone suggest some where i can buy them from for a reasonable price please?

I would buy genuin from honda if it was my car.
Give Holdcroft honda a call

Brett, whats the discount code for Honda Holdcroft? Cheers Bedlam ill see what they offer too.

Touching cloth said:
Brett, whats the discount code for Honda Holdcroft? Cheers Bedlam ill see what they offer too.
PM sent mate.
The best thing I like about OEM brakes is you no you're going to get the correct fitment every time.

Don't waste your money on Honda parts.
Yes certain things use genuine but not brake pads and discs

rhinogolf said:
Totally disagree Dave.
The number of times Iv used after market parts on brakes only to find there the wrong fitment.
This is very frustrating as you need to put everything back together again and source the correct ones.
For instance on the 8th gen when Iv looked on various sites there is a lot of confusion between saloon and tourer brake parts.
With OEM brakes give them your Reg and there no messing.
Also with our discount codes there is not a lot of difference in price for piece of mind

I agree that sometimes there can be a mix up in parts ordered, but most times it is the wrong info given, and euro are usually very good at supplying the right part at a very good price, and there is always the option to buy a much better pad and disk from euro.

And if we take your logic that using main dealer parts, there wont be a problem and they maybe be better, then maybe some wouldn't agree if they have bought wipers from Honda, I myself had new ones fitted by Honda when I bought our car 6 weeks ago, and I have replaced them already.

Regards
Andy

bedlam said:
I agree that sometimes there can be a mix up in parts ordered, but most times it is the wrong info given, and euro are usually very good at supplying the right part at a very good price, and there is always the option to buy a much better pad and disk from euro.

And if we take your logic that using main dealer parts, there wont be a problem and they maybe be better, then maybe some wouldn't agree if they have bought wipers from Honda, I myself had new ones fitted by Honda when I bought our car 6 weeks ago, and I have replaced them already.

Regards
Andy
Andy is your car an 8th gen as I will agree the blades are not the best and have changed to Denso ones from Euro parts.
The 7th gen blades are very good though from experience.
But going back to brakes Iv nether had issues with OEM parts on my 7th gen or 8th gen.
But it's all about personal choice TBO

sorry

yes its an 8th gen tourer :).. I would be shocked if u had issues when buying from Honda :) if they got it wrong where would we all be :).

I wonder what Honda charge for a set of front brake discs ?.
cause I can buy a set of Pagid discs from euro for £66 and they are NOT crap discs :).

But like you said it's all about personal choice .

Regards
Andy

Discs and pads, either front or rear, are not a lot of money from a dealer in my experience.
If you then get them from Holdcroft, there will hardly be any difference with patterned parts.

Last time I bought rear pads + front pads + front discs from Hokdcroft, I think I paid ~£100 (I have all my receipts in the loft but don't want to go up there right now LOL)

What is expensive from a dealer is stuff like a/c condenser etc etc, but discs and pads from a dealer seem to be fair price.

I would go OEM for brake stuff personally. Some say the rears can be cheaper OEM equivalents, as the rears dont do that much braking but the fronts i would do genuine OEM stuff .

As mentioned (HH) Holdcroft Honda but i think you need around 25 post minimum to benefit from the forum discount with them

also a place called Japarts are ok
http://www.japarts.co.uk/shop/

or Coxmotorparts are good too (also list the parts numbers so you can quote them to HH if you want to buy from them)
http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-accord-c-14.html

Lots of choice there

rhinogolf said:
I had my pads front and back changed over 6 months ago at a cost of £120

To this day they squeal and it just get on my nerves.
Sometimes it sounds just awful

I am temped to buy again, pads and discs this time just to have quiet brakes.

Peter

If your brakes are squealing, then it's not the pad or disk itself, its the pads oscillating <<(now is that a silly word lol ).otherwise vibrating < (oh another silly word lol).

Get them taken of and get some copper slip on the back of them, and that should do the trick.

Andy

PS and just cause you dont buy from Honda, don't mean you are buying cheap pads or discs from a motor factors, unless that is you want them cheap.

And
if you buy the RIGHT pads, then they should be a perfect fit as well, they are made to the factory spec pads that Honda use.

You sometimes get squealing if your anti rattle clips split ( think that's what they called ) if it is them just take off

Good advise guys, thankyou.

I am popping back to the garage on Monday as I have a Airbag light on now and the audio has 4 speakers that have decided not to work anymore (including the sub with is annoying),I will mention the above to them and hopefully they can sort it for me.

This is why I just got my new discs and pads from Honda, is more expensive, but they work properly and no squealing. Think it was £250 for front discs and pads.

Well, after many hours wasted trawling different websites for discs and pads I took your advice and called Holdcroft Honda directly and was surprised how cheap they were. I just ordered a front set of brake pads and discs and inc VAT they came to £158.39. Really happy with that.

Thanks all

Have to replace my front disks as I warped one.
Priced them from Ford (Handle the Honda servicing in my area) €150 EACH...wtf
To hell with that. Getting OEM disks :)