What's new

8th gen accord ex 2008 timing chain?

galluwa

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord ex 2.2 2008
Hi, i am going to buy an 8th gen accord2.2 idtec ex, with 80000miles. And i want to know about the timing chain if needs to be changed?

Unless there's a problem - no. The chain should last the lifetime of the engine. The iDTEC suffers less issues than the iCTDi engine and doesn't seem to have the dreaded stretched chain issue - yet.

Tks very much. But there is a limit of miles that the timing chain should be changed? Cos its expensive damage and money, to change it and i want to be sure pls? And how i should take care good of it? Tks

Nope, there's no specified limit. This is not a timing belt, but a chain.

The chain is "maintained" by the changing of the oil and filter at the proper intervals using the correct grade of engine oil.

Tks very much. I like honda but in this things i dont know so much. Can u tell me the grade and oil that i have to use pls? And when i have to do it tks?

The service interval is every 12,500 miles/20,000kms or 12 months whatever comes first.

The grade of oil you use is 0w30 full synth only. If you buy from Honda genuine stuff you'll be fine here.

There are other elements of the services you need to be aware of including the fuel filter, etc.

It should be in the owners manual and with the service history of the car.

You are great mate many thanks. And fuel filter there is many tipes to buy or like the oil only its filter is good?if yes can you tell me which one is pls? Model accord 2008 2.2 idtec ex 4 door

You are great mate many thanks. And fuel filter there is many tipes to buy or like the oil only its filter is good?if yes can you tell me which one is pls? Model accord 2008 2.2 idtec ex 4 door

Only, and I mean only buy a genuine Honda fuel filter - other ones seem to introduce problems with the car. They're £34 pounds over in the UK and changed every 2nd/3rd service or there abouts.

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-accord-diesel-fuel-filter-p-772.html

And the filter has to be changed same with the oil always?

The oil filter should be changed at every oil change (circa 12,500 miles / 20,000 KMS)
The fuel filter is every 2/3rd service (I think it's 30,000 miles or thereabouts)

You also have the air and pollen filters, but these are very easy.

Chris don't forget you need your engine oil to be compact able with your DPF like low saps oil.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/7015-which-oil-lets-keep-it-simple/page__view__getnewpost