What's new

8th Gen interior noise

stonesfan

Members
Reaction score
Car
1999 Accord V6 Coupe
Always a biggie for me. Apparently road noise is slightly higher than it could be? Have also seen the 'squeaking seat' and 'rattling door handle' issue for the odd user.

But in general are these quiet cars with no Roveresque rattles, buzzes or squeaks inside?

I think the 8th gen is better than the 7th gen for road noise, but there is still a fair bit. Very dependent on the tyre it has on also, some brands are much noisier. Think it compares well to similar cars in its class though.

Not personally had the sqeaking seat issue, it might be more on the full leather seats, rather than half leather in the ES GT. Mine is a 58 reg, 71k miles, so would have thought it would sqeak by now.

I get a bit of a sqeak from the back seats and boot roller cover thing, but mine is a tourer though.

I had the squeak on the half leather seat. Not a big problem though, gets fixed easily.
More annoyed of the wind noise, I would have expected it to be more silent given it's sold in the US as a luxury car.

Bit of road noise on mine but has to be expected due to altering suspension.

Only other noise is I get a noise now and again behind the sat nav screen which seems to be something to do with heating system. I found out the other week first time I've used air con since buying it didn't work so might be to do with that? Getting it re gased when in for service in a few weeks which fingers crossed will resolve it.

Not in the cabin but power boot makes awful noise when opening

For the most part it's farirly quiet, I had a 6th gen before hand so obviously it was amazing at the time. However on rough surfaces, the ride seems to be quite harsh and that causes a few rattles in the dash which is a minor annoyance.

On A Roads and Motorways however, the car is fine with no rattles whatsoever, cabin noise is pretty decent too, you can hold a conversation between the front and rear seats without having to raise your voice at around 80mph.

Never had seat squeak from mine, nor the rattling door handle.