What's new

8th Gen Minor Model Change

Pricing will be interesting here- i may be tempted to change (considering my current 8Gen is new) but we'll see....doesnt look all that different but depends on the value of the changes in the price.

OOOOOHHHHHH

Thanks for the attachment CJ.

Definitely like what I see on this 8GF/L but July is a long way away - gives me time to consider my options....

:eek: A face lift already.This may put the price down a little on a type s :D

very subtle tweaks; will be interesting to see what the prices are for the Type-S when they're released...Mine could be 2.5yrs by then and could well be time for a change depending on what deals are about...

:)

Liking the light related changes. Wonder what the handling changes really mean? I noticed it was one of the things that the 8th Gen got marked down for.

They still haven't managed to bolt a 7th gen boot on the back or get rid of the DPF then. Hopefully now that have stopped messing around with 2.4 (sic) they can concentrate on the important things ;)

:lol: :lol:

Can't remember where, but I read two reviews that said the handling was too hard. Wasn't there a TSB for the dead centre issue?

I'm suprised to see no inclusion of daytime driving lights, like the Audi/ Merc l.e.d style. Haven't they got to be standard fit on all new cars after 2012?

who say the 8th gen hasn't got good handling? the steering dead centre it can be massive annoyance for a 7th gen owners upgrading but handling is spot on.

DPF there isn't any issues so why the bad publicity , forget about DPF horror stories on other mickey mouse cars. 8th gen is sound a pound.

I would agree that the 8th Gen has great handling - cant fault it. Too many motoring journalists deliberately look for faults (which usually arent there) to take the shine off what is otherwise a fine automobile.

Equally, on the numerous short trips etc, the DPF hasnt flagged up once. This version of the Accord is solid in every conceivable aspect and leaves a lot of other competitors high-n-dry.

Even though my 8th gen has apparently softer suspension than my previous 7th Gen Type S, it handles better and gives me much more confidence through high speed corners. The suspension doesn't feel soft in those conditions.

When are Honda going to put two reversing lights on the Accord, this would be much more use than extra lights at the front whilst reversing!
I agree with Rob the inclusion of daylight running lights would be a great addition.
Also an option of the more powerful diesel in the GT would be nice rather than keeping it solely for the Type S

Jabal

A number of new cars these days only have one each reverse/fog light. I think its better. Two each just clutter up the light clusters.

Also, from the new images, I wouldnt be surprised if the DRL "solution" is to have the sidelights stay on, like they do on some cars (like Polo's, A4s etc) rather than use LEDs.

The reason I commented about reversing lights was because I had a Vectra before the Accord and this had twin reversing lights.
When reversing the Accord up unlit drives using the door mirrors it is rather dark on the drivers side because of the one light on the nearside.
One rear fog light is no problem at all, I only use mine when in really thick fog, if in a queue of traffic I turn it off so as not to blind other drivers, I wish others would do the same.

Jabal

Came across this on what car....

Cant see much design difference....but shocked to see another generation already!?

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/new-honda-accord-at-geneva-motor-show/255152
:eek:

What do you think mine will be like? I have a New Accord 2.4 petrol (ADAS- all the toys) on order. Will be with me hopefully 6th jan 2012

It will be fine mate - mustn't worry.

Car magazines have a tendency to scribble nonsense that helps sell their publications. All petrol Accords I have researched, seem to be as bomb proof as Iran's mountain-dug nuclear facilities so you wont have any issues :D

Funnily enough, saw a facelift Accord yesterday and it really didnt look at all different from mine. Of course the grille is the biggest difference and with ADAS you cant change this either to a sportier one, but that aside, I parked next to it and as I walked back to the car, there was not a lot of difference at all externally.

And even if there was - the Accord is far better value and better equipped pound for pound in contrast to other competing manufacturers.

When are Honda going to put two reversing lights on the Accord, this would be much more use than extra lights at the front whilst reversing!
I agree with Rob the inclusion of daylight running lights would be a great addition.
Also an option of the more powerful diesel in the GT would be nice rather than keeping it solely for the Type S

Jabal
Might be worried that if it's too strong other vehicles could think it's an oncoming motorbike, or if one on each side, a car approaching full speed, causing them to panic.

Might be worried that if it's too strong other vehicles could think it's an oncoming motorbike, or if one on each side, a car approaching full speed, causing them to panic.

My 08 tourer has twin reverse lights.

KRvVXnI.jpg