What's new

8th gen product update - windscreen trims

As some of you may have heard, there is a product update on 8th gen windscreen side trims. They become unglued and loose, especially at the top.

If you car qualifies, honda will fix for free.

Check here with your VIN

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/you-and-your-car/updates-and-recalls/

Can someone tell me if this recall is a check to see if its come loose / unglued or if the trims ate replaced?

Thanks

Can someone tell me if this recall is a check to see if its come loose / unglued or if the trims ate replaced?

Thanks
The recall is for trims to be replaced as the old glue is failing.

Hi all

I had this recall done a couple of years back but the trim is lifting again. Are Honda likely to replace it FOC again?

J

I have just stumbled upon this thread while searching for a replacement windscreen trim as mine blew off in a strong sidewind recently ! Have been unable to recover the part as i was in the fast lane of a dual carrigeway when it happened, not the best time to have a bit of trim flapping in front of your eyes.
I have checked my car on the recall page and its coming up clear, do you think honda will still replace this for me, car is a 2010 dtec.
Also are they replacing the whole trim or just re-gluing the original part ?

Donzarelli said:
I have just stumbled upon this thread while searching for a replacement windscreen trim as mine blew off in a strong sidewind recently ! Have been unable to recover the part as i was in the fast lane of a dual carrigeway when it happened, not the best time to have a bit of trim flapping in front of your eyes.
I have checked my car on the recall page and its coming up clear, do you think honda will still replace this for me, car is a 2010 dtec.
Also are they replacing the whole trim or just re-gluing the original part ?
my dealer said he would replace the whole trim, but then ended up just gluing the original one back on. So there might be a chance that they could actually replace the trim, especially since you lost it because of a fault caused by a known recalled issue. Just give it a try, see what happens.

Also, since you lost the trim, it's probably likely that you also lost one or more metal brackets that the trim was attached to. Check if you still have all the brackets and if not, make sure they also order this. Part of the recall is to re-glue the bracket on the car with better glue.

Can anyone recommend a good glue to stick the metal clips back on? It looks like you need to glue the metal clips to plastic. I've used super glue before but it only lasted a few months before coming loose.

I used Tiger seal on mine, cleaned it extremely well with acetone and meths and let dry well, then a bead of tiger seal.
Use some masking tape to hold it in position taping across the screen and down the door window.
Leave it for 24 hrs then take the tape off.
I did mine last year and they are holding up perfectly.

Hi.
Mine was also replaced under the recall, however the previous owner had a screen replaced and the fitters made a right bodge job of gluing them on after braking the trim tabs. Anyway a couple of years ago in the very hot weather the trim on both sides stared to lift, nothing ventured nothing lost I paid a visit to Lincoln Honda who contacted Honda UK for advise. Long story short Honda replaced both trims and I just paid £50 for labour.

Just had my 2010 accord serviced today. When I picked it up the windscreen trims were covered in masking tape. The dealer informed me that they had done a recall on the trims and that I should leave the tape on until the same time tomorrow. Has anybody else's car come back with tape and instructions to leave it on for 24 hours after this recall?
Yes leave over night.

After thoroughly cleaning with a toothbrush to get all the dust and grime out a previous failed repair (not mine!) and allowing to dry I used clear Sticks Like Sh*t adhesive (Toolstation or Screwfix).

I gaffa taped across the the trim onto the windows (knowling I could easily get any residue off the glass) and used a rubber glove to stop it sticking to the trim itself and a piece of plastic / foam packing to keep the pressure on as it cured.

8th-windscreen-trimxhkjp.jpg

Never budged afterwards ;)

Hey everyone. Does anyone have a step by step on how to attach the clips and is there markings to attach them. Or is it a case of click the clips onto the mouldings and stick to the body?